Exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Contracts Manager to join an established contractor based in Belfast. Salary £40-£50k, negotiable on experience.
Job title: Electrical Contracts Manager
Salary Range: £40-50k + benefits (negotiable depending on experience)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim (travel will be required due to project location)
Vickerstock are working alongside an established specialist mechanical and electrical building contractor based in Northern Ireland to recruit for the position of Electrical Contracts Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Contracts Manager, with M&E experience, to join an illustrates company during a time of planned expansion and internal growth.
Our client works on a number of high profile, bespoke projects and requires an Electrical Contracts Manager to oversee their large portfolio of multi-million pound projects at their Northern Ireland HQ.
This family friendly company offers a great opportunity for a career driven candidate to develop within a close-knit group that offers passion and hunger to continue to thrive in the industry.
Electrical Contract Manager Criteria:
- 3rd level degree in construction related discipline and minimum 3+ years Contracts Management experience, preferably in a building and/or M&E sector.
- Experience working as an Electrical Contracts Manager on large multi-million pound M&E projects within Residential, Retail, Commercial, Hospitality and Educational sectors.
- Electrical Contracts Management experience must be on projects in excess of £2m value.
- An ability to demonstrate negotiation experience with clients, architects, main contractors, sub-contractors and specialist sub-contractors.
- Professional qualification, such as ICE, RICS, CIOB or other, desirable.
Electrical Contract Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the overall control of projects from initial conception through to completion. Including overseeing the electrical design development, manufacturing, procurement, cost control and site installation.
- Co-ordinate activities of all electrical trades and disciplines involved on the site, including supervising all specialist sub-contractors.
- Construction phase / short term programming and monitoring.
- Working with purchasing department to schedule all, project specific, electrical material purchases and delivers when necessary.
- Thorough examination of onsite delivers for any errors or shortfalls that may affect the timely completion of projects.
- An ability to negotiate with alternative electrical suppliers to find best terms for clients on specific projects.
- Review contract documentation to ensure legal compliance with terms and conditions and understanding of responsibilities for delivery.
- Attendance at all client, contractor meetings as required to present process updates on status of specific projects.
- Ensure full integration with support teams (SHEQ, Commercial, Planning, Building Services, Design, Procurement, training & Development) through a joint approach.
- Develop professional, long-term connections with suppliers, consultants and contractors during the extent of each specific project.
- Ensure adequate manpower, tooling and resources are allocated to each specific contract to meet requirements to successfully deliver the contact on time/budget.
- Managing variations in manpower and logistics to ensure optimal use of available resources.
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal skills, good team player and a proven track record with the M&E industry is essential.
- Taking detailed notes on Health & Safety, risk assessment and method statements in accordance with company H&S policies and procedures.
- Limited off site travelling for short periods of time due to project location.
To discuss this role and for additional information on this vacancy contact Melody Humphreys or/and send a current updated CV in strict confidence.