Exciting opportunity for a Electrical Engineer (Building Services) - Competitive salary - Based in Co. Down
Vickerstock are working alongside an indepdant and award winning consultancy in Co. Down with over 20 years’ experience covering the complete property and construction life cycles primarily in Residential, Retail, Commercial, Hotels & Hosptaility sectors.
This unique job role offers an exciting career progression opportunity for a motivated individual to join a strong, ambitious and growing consultancy. With an increased number of projects beginning and plans to increase both portfolio size and value, along with increasing internal recruitment, this is an exciting time to be joining.
Intermediate Electrical Engineer (Building Services) Criteria:
- 3rd level degree qualification in Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Building Services or relevant HND/HNC construction related qualification.
- 3-5 years’ postgraduate experience in a similar role within the construction industry, working on projects over £1-5 million value.
- Proficient in the use of and producing 2D AutoCAD Drawings.
- Chartered Engineer membership or working towards Chartered membership beneficial.
Intermediate Electrical Engineer (Building Services) Responsibilities:
- Experience in the preparation of electrical design schemes, calculations, specifications, equipment schedules, technical submittals and other relevant information necessary for construction purposes.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, and other software packages to produce highly complex bespoke electrical building services drawings.
- Ensure that design and maintenance of the buildings systems meet all required legislation and Health & Safety regulations.
- Proven experience overseeing and supervising the installation of building services and specifying maintenance and operating procedures.
- Confidently liaise with blue-chip clients, contractors and other professionals (including structural engineers, mechanical services design engineers, builders, architects and surveyors) throughout the planning and design stages.
- Advise clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings with an aim to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint.
- Present detailed written reports on overall project progression to clients and contractors when required.
- Representing clients throughout procurement and construction phases through to final commissioning.
- Preparation of feasibility studies and cost plans.
- Producing Electrical Design layouts and specifications.
- Liaise with operations and maintenance staff and ensuring compliance with Health & Safety and Industry standards.
- Monitor progress of project in line with construction programme.
- Have impeccable written and oral communications skills.
For additional information on this vacancy contact Melody Humphreys on 02890 313720 or send a current updated CV in strict confidence using the link below.