Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £65000 - 75000
Updated 1 week ago
Are you a DevOps Engineer looking for an exciting challenge in an award winning firm with a massive international footprint?
My client is a leading professional services company, seeking a talented and self-motivated DevOps Engineer to oversee the provisioning of virtualised and Cloud servers for new projects. You will be working with cutting edge technologies in real world scenarios.
* Responsible for internal development infrastructure, including improving and refining internal infrastructure along with clients’ infrastructure.
* Oversee operational activities related to hardware infrastructure provisioning and configuration.
* Define and implement appropriate automation of operational activities.
* Documenting, tracking frequency, producing solutions and runbooks, and knowledge sharing of incidents.
* Innovative application of knowledge, skills and competencies towards successful configuration and management.
* Integrate new infrastructure technology in to existing cloud.
* Post-Mortem reviews and reports
* Estimate effort required to complete complex engineering problems
* Design solutions for new and old problems.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information systems, or other related field, or 3 years equivalent work experience.
* Additional course or certification in DevOps.
* 3 Years+ experience in tool sets such as Java, Wed Services, JMS, REST and JSON, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Docker, Github and Jenkins/Bamboo
* Strong technical, hands-on, experience to support application development, infrastructure/OS, and operations that leverage such technologies as Java, .NET, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible.
* Understanding of High Availability, other technologies, and principles that support business continuity.
* Familiar with SCM such as GIT, VSTS, SVN.
* Strong familiarity with microservice architectures and best practices for running in a container orchestration environment.
* Possible experience in both RDBMS and NoSQL.
* Good scripting experience in one or more of; C#, ANT, Python, Bash. Automation scripts such as PowerShell.
* Solid experience with cloud technologies and platforms such as AWS or MS Azure.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and hands-on experience with onshore and offshore team members.
* Strong self-management skills with ability to effectively collaborate with peers and management.
* Strong technical experience with open source technologies and infrastructure environments.
* Workflow management using JIRA / VSTS for backlog and issue management.
* Relationships with other hosting/cloud providers such as Rackspace, Verizon, AWS, etc.
* Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Professional attitude, has developed a reputation as a trusted advisor.
* Good client-facing skills, experience in developing partnerships with the team and client and collaborating with others to exceed client expectations.
* Good problem solving skills with experience in proposing different options and solutions for approaching and resolving issues.
* Adaptable, responds positively to changing business issues and sees change as an opportunity to improve performance.
* Excellent communication skills, adapts style accordingly and demonstrates an understanding of the audience’s perspective. Uses discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
Leading Salary ahead of market rate which is negotiable depending on Experience. In addition to a highly competitive salary my client offer the following:
* Life assurance
* Critical illness Cover
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Cover
* Maternity and Paternity scheme
* Life enrichment programme
* Service awards for years of service
* Birthday Hampers
* Social events (including family events)
* Microsoft Discounts
* An environment in which to succeed
* Access to the senior management team
* Accelerated career progression/ training and development plan
* Company pension plan
* Increasing holiday entitlement
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Gary McMahon in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250