Proofpoint are looking for an experienced Customer Success Analyst with excellent communication skills and security/messaging technical background to ensure that our customers realize the full value of our products and services.
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
We are looking for a self-starting, responsible, action-oriented, and highly motivated individual to join our growing Customer Success team. The mission of Customer Success is to ensure that our customers realize the full value of the products and services they have purchased from Proofpoint, ultimately maximizing renewals and add-on transactions.
In this role you will leverage an expanding set of custom tools to assess a customer’s current security posture and provide actionable recommendations on how they can improve. This is a customer-centric role in a fast-paced environment that requires frequent interaction with our sales account teams and a technical background that allows you to quickly come up to speed on the latest tools.
Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills; a technical foundation, especially related to security or messaging; substantial experience driving concurrent projects to completion, and above all a passion for ensuring a world class customer experience.
- Conduct Health Checks that provide customers with insight into health of their existing Proofpoint product configuration and actionable recommendations on policy, rule or other configuration changes they can make to achieve maximum effectiveness against cybersecurity threats.
- Generate Threat Reports that provide customers with insight into the latest trends in the global threat landscape, the specific threats that have been seen in their environment and how that compares to their industry peers.
- Leveraging our latest technologies, provide customers with information on the newest threats they may not even be aware of yet – for example, how threat actors may be impersonating them on the internet through the registration of lookalike domains or impostor accounts on social media that can be used to attack their employees, customers and supply chain.
- Interact with our sales account teams to develop an understanding of a customer’s business and security needs, providing recommendations on which assessments are best suited to provide relevant insight to the customer.
- Collaborate with other functional groups such as Engineering, Product Management and Professional Services to learn how to most effectively leverage the latest assessment tools.
- Brief account teams on the results of the assessments you ran for their customers, including your recommendations on key items to call out during their customer meeting. As needed, join the account team in the customer meeting to help present the assessment results and answer any questions.
What you bring to the team
- Degree in a business area, technical area or equivalent.
- Relevant industry experience in a client/professional services, sales engineer, senior support engineer, or other customer facing role with exposure to multiple technology areas.
- Understand and demonstrate customer success principles and behavior.
- Must be able to articulate customer business requirements and serve as the customer voice internally.
- Knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies, specifically email, networking, and enterprise security.
- Working knowledge of Linux, SMTP, MySQL, Windows, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Excellent communication skills, phone manner, and meeting presence with all levels of customer leadership.
- Strong project and/or program management skills and high attention to detail, with a solid understanding of project management methodologies.
- Ability to think innovatively, strategically and deliver tactically.
- Ability to work independently, ability to adapt quickly, positive attitude.
Travel: Minimal to light travel (0 to 25%)
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!