Exciting opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join an established contractor based in Dublin. Competitive Salary & Benefits Package, Negotiable depending on Experience.
Job title: Contracts Manager
Salary Range: € Competitive Salary & Benefits Package, Negotiable depending on Experience
VickerStock Construction are working in alongside an award-winning specialist construction contractor to recruit an experienced Contracts Manager.
Due to their continually investment and increased portfolio growth this is a ideally opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join a specialist contractor in their sector and gain first-hand experience managing large-scale multimillion euro projects throughout Ireland and Europe.
The ideally candidate must be an experienced career driven Contracts Manger that has shown first-hand contractor manager experience working within a Main Contractor environment.
Contracts Manager Duties:
- The overall financial and technical control of contracts allocated to him.
- Controlling, motivating, co-ordinating and supervising his sub-ordinates and ensuring that their efforts are continuously directed towards a high level of quality, efficiency and safety.
- The effective performance of contracts under his control by implementing the company’s policies relating to Safety, Quality Assurance, technical and financial control so as to ensure entire client satisfaction and job profitability.
- Planning and producing project programmes and ensuring that all necessary resources are scheduled and available in good time to comply with these programmes.
- Review, modify where necessary to ensure compliance with company policy and approve safety plans for projects.
- Review and modify where necessary quality assurance plans prepared by the Quality Department. Ensure that management staff on the projects implements the plans and operate within the guidelines of the Quality Manual.
- Be informed of developments in managerial practice, innovations in technical methods, and make recommendations on areas where it is felt business practice can be improved.
- Represent the Company in all matters pertaining to his contracts or as otherwise specifically directed and safeguard its interests at all times.
Contracts Manager Duties:
- Attend the pre-construction meeting with the Contract Director, Estimating Manager, Contract Surveyor and other staff deemed appropriate to discuss fully the standard Company agenda for this meeting and implement the outcome of the meeting as recorded in the minutes.
- Complete the insurance questionnaire and contract number allocation form and return to the Contract Director / Company Secretary.
- Ensure that contract programme and target programmes are prepared so as to comply with the requirements discussed at the pre-construction meeting. Ensure that all necessary services and resources are supplied to enable the programme to be complied with.
- Have Project Safety Plan prepared and issued to site before work commences. Ensure that it is fully complied with, that safety notices are displayed, that safety inspections are made regularly and that a high level of awareness of safety and of the requirements of the Health and Safety Plan is maintained on site.
- Along with the Project Manager or Site Manager and General Foremen, ensure that stage programmes and weekly programmes are drawn up and implemented.
- Ensure that the setting out of the buildings is delegated to a competent and responsible person who properly checks for closing error before work proceeds.
- Ensure that major material suppliers are selected to comply with programme and budgetary requirements and that other materials and plant are requisitioned in accordance with programme requirements from the procurement department.
- Prepare a schedule of information requirements in accordance with the programme for the contract and circulate this to the architects and engineers as appropriate.
- Ensure that builder’s work and co-ordinated all sub-contractor’s drawings are prepared in good time and circulate to the appropriate professional advisers.
- Regularly visit sites to ensure that the requirements of the project Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans, the programmes and the operational methods being employed are effective and safe and that the general appearance of the works and its environs is clean, tidy and well presented.
- Attend or ensure that the Company is properly represented at all site meetings and that the minutes of the meeting adequately record all relevant matters discussed.
- Ensure that the Company’s industrial relations policy is complied with during the course of the contract and deal with the various matters arising in conjunction with the Contract Director.
- Large Plant – give specific approval for the hiring of all externally hired plant on site and ensure that it is expeditiously dispatched when its useful hire period is completed.
- Check wages / time sheets weekly and ensure that overtime hours, days worked and any special additional payments are controlled / approved.
- Liaise with the Contract Surveyor in carefully recording all details involving contractual delays including sub-contractors and suppliers. Ensuring the Company’s interests are fully protected by any necessary correspondence.
- Provide in-put to tender preparation in such areas as tender programmes, method statements, staffing levels, historic cost data etc.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Aimee McSorley on 0035315267473 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.