Excellent opportunity for Commodity Lead based in Larne
We currently have a vacancy for a Commodity Lead. Based in Larne, the successful candidate will support the development, implementation and management of global strategies to provide the segment with optimal inventory levels, lead-times, cycle times, supply assurance, pricing, flexibility, quality and delivery performance.
(Ref No: 18/19)
Duties will include the following:
- Drive alternate sourcing, supplier consolidation and localization to maximise pricing leverage and cycle time improvements.
- Drive commodity performance improvements to stated goals.
- Prepare Business cases, including ROI models, and effectively present Cost Savings proposals to appropriate parties for approval and qualification.
- Negotiate business terms and conditions with key suppliers
- Provide rigorous analysis of spend data and market trends/dynamics by site to prioritize and launch sourcing initiatives within designated spend/commodity categories.
- Manage commodities/materials/spend to achieve the annual performance metrics applicable to Supply Chain.
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- A minimum of 5 years experience in procurement, sourcing or purchasing within a large, multi-national organization
- Proven success in managing suppliers in multiple geographic regions (Asia, Europe, Americas)
- Able to communicate effectively and with confidence – both verbally and in writing – at all levels
- Able to positively persuade and influence decision-making at all levels within the Organisation
- Effective project management skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Able to travel internationally (circa 25%)
It is also highly desirable that employees possess the following:
- Experience in using SAP
- Experience in Operational Excellence Programs (i.e. Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or similar)
If you would like to apply for this role, please click the APPLY NOW button below and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV : – quoting ref: 18/19, before the closing date/time of 12 noon, Thursday 25th October 2018.
Please ensure your CV clearly demonstrates how you meet the criteria above as we cannot make assumptions on your experience and will base our decision on information provided.