This role will involve underwriting small-medium sized Property & SME cases within agreed processes and risk appetite, and with direction & guidance from more experienced members of the team, to achieve business development and retention targets.
Commercial Lines Underwriter
What this job is really like:
This role will involve underwriting small-medium sized Property & SME cases within agreed processes and risk appetite, and with direction & guidance from more experienced members of the team, to achieve business development and retention targets. You will spend the majority of your time handling renewals and endorsements, plus a small element of New Business activity, delivering underwriting decisions, referring cases outside personal authority limits, supporting other members of the team and managing customer interactions. You will be desk based working within a team and with other colleagues responsible for underwriting risks. You will have sound analytical, relationship management and communication skills.
Jobholders are typically responsible for:
- Handling allocated cases (renewals, endorsements & a small element of New Business) and delivering underwriting decisions, following agreed processes at the designated authority level and with the necessary senior direction and support, in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- Referral of more involved risks and escalating to more qualified colleagues to ensure they are handled appropriately.
- Supporting more qualified colleagues in the handling of non- standard cases in line with established standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- This job will typically be measured with the following KPI’s
- Quality and levels of service provided
- Feedback from customers and colleagues
- Operational efficiency
- Personal contribution to team productivity
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- Based in Belfast
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Awareness and understanding of relevant regulatory requirements
Size & Scope:
- This role will be in the Commercial Property/SME Underwriting Team in Northern Ireland and will report into the Commercial Property/SME Underwriting Team Lead
- Breadth and depth of experience across a range of business functions, products and/or types of customer
- Experience of working in roles other than Underwriting
- Customer service experience in financial services industry.
To apply for this position please click here