Location UK / Down
Salary See description
Updated 21 hours ago
Excellent opportunity for Catering Assistant based in Bangor Campus.
Post Title: Catering Assistant – Term time
Salary: Band 1, SCP 6 – 8 £15,014 – £15,246 per annum
Department: School of Hospitality, Management, Tourism and Languages
Location: The appointee will be based at the Bangor Campus but will be required to be available for work at any of the College sites as required.
Reports to: Deputy Head of School Hospitality, Management, Tourism and Languages
Total Hours of work: 20 hours per week. Term Time. However, the post holder will be required to adopt a flexible approach (including evening work) and to devote such time as may be required by the exigencies of the service.
Working Pattern: Mon: 12pm – 4pm, Tues: 9am – 1pm, Wed: 5.30pm – 9.30pm Thur: 9am – 1pm, Fri: 10am – 2pm
To provide support to the Catering section in particular the training kitchen and restaurant
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain and clean all work areas and equipment in production kitchen and restaurant.
2. Follow College Safe Catering Policy.
3. Provide customer/hospitality service to all internal and external customers and clients.
4. Prepare and set up work areas on a daily basis for both catering and bar activities.
5. Cash handling duties to include reconciliation of cash.
6. Preparation of hot beverages, sandwiches, hot snacks and baked goods.
7. Preparation of Hospitalities to service both internal and external clients.
8. Any other duties as requested by the line manager.
1. This is a description of the job as it is at present constituted. The duties and responsibilities are intended to give a broad indication of the variety of tasks the post holder may be asked to undertake. It should be noted that a job description is not an exhaustive list of activities and staff may be asked to carry out duties commensurate with the grade of the post. The job description may also be amended to take account of changed circumstances, and staff will be consulted when this is necessary. It is the College’s aim to reach agreement to reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible, the College reserves the right to insist on changes to a job description after consultation with the post holder.
2. In carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the post it is expected that the post holder will do so in accordance with the College Ethos, Equal Opportunities Policy and that in doing so the post holder will contribute to the discharge of Section 75 statutory duties and implementation of the College Equality Scheme.
3. This is a post which is governed by The Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults (Northern Ireland) Order 2003. Before appointing anyone to this post, it is policy to ask for the relevant check to be carried out by Access NI.
4. The College operates a no smoking policy and all staff are expected to adhere to this.
5. In order to deliver its objectives, the College has developed to the following set of values and all staff expected to work within these;
6. All staff at Deputy Head of School Level and above (including staff on NJC Terms & Conditions, band 6 and above) are required to participate in day, evening and holiday cover rotas as required.
7. All Staff are required to contribute to a healthy and safe working environment and to adhere to all health and safety regulations and College policies. In addition, Head of Department post holders, are required to contribute to developing a culture that is conducive to good health, safety and security practices.
8. All staff have a responsibility for ensuring that risks are managed at College, team and individual level. This process will include the assessment and effective control of all acceptable risk situations. Head of Department post holders will be required to maintain a high level of awareness and assist in the process of reporting incidents, assessing risks and reporting unsafe occurrences and co-operate with any investigations undertaken.
9. All Budget holders will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of a balanced budget across their area of responsibility, including the delivery of any agreed cost improvement programmes.
Mobile Catering Assistant
Essential Assessment Criteria
Desirable Assessment Criteria
The above are minimum criteria. These may be enhanced at the discretion of the Selection Panel.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing date: 26th October 2018