Excellent opportunity for an Automotive or manufacturing based engineer to develop in to a client facing, business development role working for a leading company with the automotive market.
One of the leading manufacturing companies throughout N.I and Ireland. This role will involve day to day customer facing interaction with some of the most respected automotive and car manufacturing companies in the world.
A pro-active, self-confident and flexible individual, who uses their initiative to seek/ generate ideas and opportunities and is prepared to take decisions and undertake direction. They will be adaptable and flexible and will be able to represent the company in this customer facing role. The candidate will have the ability to develop the team members to achieve, or exceed the business plan performance expectations in terms of Safety, Machine, Quality, Delivery and Cost within an ISO 18001, 14001, 9001 and TS14969 environment.
You will ideally possess a Degree / HND / HNC in Engineering or have a minimum of 5 years manufacturing management experience, preferably gained within a highly regulated environment
DUTIES: The following list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks / shifts / working patterns as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
- Ensure health & safety, quality and environmental matters / KPI’s are reached within the shift.
- Ensure that consistent and standard working practices are carried out throughout the entire shift to achieve production requirements and ensure optimum efficiency and quality standards are met.
- Represent the Business Unit at Quality, Environmental, H&S, Business improvement and Customer meetings
- Successfully identify, implement and maintain Lean manufacturing tools like Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5S, Standard work, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping, A3 / 8D, OEE etc.
- Schedule production in conjunction with planning team, analyse data and report daily operational performance
- Manage and Coach the Team Leads to meet Unit’s KPIs in Real Time and create/implement / monitor continuous improvement projects / department SOP/MPS and meet Quality, TPM and OEE targets.
- Manage manpower effectively and efficiently by assisting / recording the management of people, machinery, resources and overtime. I.e. TPM is initiated within the production areas.
- Establish, manage and develop a Unit team that maximises potential across all shifts
- Build and maintain weekly report based on key metrics of H&S, Quality, People and Performance
- Manages resources based on customer need in real time and take action where required
- Manages Holiday bookings for peers and updates associated human resource management systems
- Undertake Company investigations, Returns to Work and disciplinary/grievance meetings
- Ensure that consistent working practices and timely training is effective throughout the Production areas which warrant a continued improvement in manufacturing performance, quality and reflected with increased motivation of your team throughout the product flow.
- Create and assist in the design and implementation of a structured Business Improvement Plan to optimise factory performance, meet business / departmental strategy, objectives and needs
- Contributes to the effectiveness of cross functional and transverse relationships through activity with peers, hierarchical Management and other internal / external stakeholders
- Undertakes Internal / External Audits, Maintains Inventory / Stock, Plans improvements
- Undertake appropriate training and projects to resolving complaints and product issues.We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate extensive
- Experience of Project Management gained in a Lean manufacturing environment where problem solving / delivery of change initiatives and where your integral communication with varying stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external was apparent to encourage change.
- Excellent motivational, operational and communication skills – written/ Verbal / Computer (Microsoft
- Office, TMS and ERP applications)