Excellent opportunity for an experienced Bid Writer/ Health & Safety Officer to join an established contractor based in County Tyrone. Salary £25-35k, open to negotiations.
Job title: Bid Writer/Health & Safety Officer
Salary Range: £25-35K (open to negotiations on experience)
Location: County Tyrone
Vickerstock are working closely with an established building and construction contractor based in County Tyrone to recruit an experienced Bid Writer/Health & Safety Officer.
Our client is a leader contractor and specialise in large multi-million pound residential, retail, commercial, educational, leisure & health projects throughout the UK, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
The successful candidate will be joining an ambitious expanding company who look to increase their market share and portfolio by bringing in extraordinary talent, who are looking to build a career and gain first hand on the job experience on some of the most prestigious projects throughout the UK and NI.
Bid Writer Duties:
- Retrieve PQQ / tender documentation from portals as identified, or as directed by the pre-construction manager
- Control PQQ submissions and technical / compliance information to accompany tender bids and responses to expressions of interest.
- Complete submissions required to pre-set deadlines and/or as required by the pre-construction manager.
- Communicate with the awarding authorities regarding any clarifications or modifications to PQQ notices required.
- Ensure bids are accurately completed and represent the companies experience and abilities to secure the tender opportunity from the PQQ submission and/or contract when tendering.
- Ensure submissions are uploaded (if applicable), printed, packaged and delivered in the format and media type required and within the strict deadlines.
- Gather and develop information relating to specific tenders, relative projects and long term opportunities.
Health & Safety Officer Duties
- Advise senior management and staff on Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures and policies are carried out & implemented in accordance with company guidelines.
- Completion of health & safety inspections throughout the company projects and locations.
- Responsibility for the review and sign off for sub-contractors RAMS and Insurances.
- Maintain an accurate record of statutory inspections for all activities and plant equipment.
- Investigate, record and file all accidents and incidents, in line with legislation and company policy.
- Deliver and complete statutory notifications to HSE.
- Produce risk assessments and method statements.
- Review relevant company and subcontractors’ H&S documentation.
- Advise management and staff on legislation updates and organise and conduct employee training courses.
- Maintenance of quality accreditation; and 3rd party H&S accreditations
- Compile and update site emergency plans.
Bid Writer/Health & Safety Officer Criteria:
- 3rd level degree qualification within a construction related discipline.
- 2+ years’ experience in tender writing and PQQ coordination within a construction company.
- 2+ years’ experience of working as a Health & Safety officer within the construction industry.
- ISOH/NEBOSH and/or other health & safety qualification is essential.
- A track record of ensuring health & safety at work.
- Excellent project record in writing multiple bids that win.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and stakeholders.
- Experience within main contracting would be of benefit but not essential.
- Must be willing to travel to attend tender meetings in NI & UK.
If you are looking to advance your career and fit the above criteria, contact Paul McGinn for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV.