Location UK / UK
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 2 days ago
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Apprentices to join our Technology Support teams, either in Application Production Support or the Premium Client Service Desk.
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the leading global financial services company, does business in over 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a range of financial products and services. Our Markets & Banking business is a global leader in banking, capital markets, and transaction services, with a presence in many countries dating back more than 100 years. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity. Citi is a leader in financial services technology, building and operating innovative systems that process millions of transactions and trillions of dollars daily.
Citi is an equal opportunity employer.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Apprentices to join our Technology Support teams, either in Application Production Support or the Premium Client Service Desk. Both these teams provide critical support functions to our trading businesses and support a broad range of technologies. Our production support and service desk analysts work directly with traders on the trade floor and use their problem solving and technological skills to quickly resolve any technological issues, which can vary in severity and complexity and may impact Citi’s reputation or profits. This is very much a team environment, and apprentices will learn the skills needed for the role by working with other team members, learning tips and tricks from experienced members of the team, and will be given exposure to a vast range of experiences supporting technologies and users at Citi.
There are two ICT Apprentice tracks to choose from:
Application Production Support Apprentice
Typical responsibilities and areas of exposure include:
• Resiliency testing – We need to know that our applications can function in the event of a disaster or on high volume dates (think Brexit and the GBP crash) so that the business can continue to operate, so our apprentices learn to put our systems to the test, simulating disasters so we know the breaking point and how to react in a real life disaster.
• Improving Production Support Monitoring Techniques – Monitoring is vital to alert support to any issues within the production environment so they can quickly resolve them.
• Design, development and implementation of tooling – Apprentices will have the opportunity to develop applications and scripts to aid themselves and their teams in their job. Previous apprentices have implemented solutions ranging from excel macros, to python scripts, to C# and Java applications – it’s not just the developers who have the programming fun!
• Organizational and operational efficiency improvements – Nobody likes to repeat the same actions every day and click the same buttons, so our apprentices get involved in efficiency improvements to see where tasks can be automated or streamlined to free their time to get involved in exciting projects!
• Release / Change Management – Your development peers will be writing the application code for new functionality, but our production support apprentices will be the ones to decide if it can be released into our live systems or not. With strong change management techniques, we help to protect the live systems from unnecessary harm and keep our trading platforms stable.
• Incident Management – Major Outages – Despite best efforts, inevitably there are major outages which production support must manage to get our systems back up and running. If this is not managed correctly, the impact on Citi’s reputation and finances could be catastrophic
Applicants for this apprenticeship will follow the Software Development training track of the ICT Apprenticeship.
Technology Infrastructure Apprentice
Typical responsibilities and areas of exposure include:
• Respond to inbound calls to the Premium Client Service Centre in a professional and efficient manner, dealing with and resolving as many desktop issues as possible over the phone and by remote console. Our apprentices will learn to quickly effectively resolve issues for Traders at Citi.
• Directly assist clients with any end-user issue for general faults, request identification and resolution. Learn to fix issues with mobile devices, virtual desktops, and Bloomberg terminals
• Dealing with customer non-fault related requests e.g. Moves, Changes and Installations, data and application access, including setting up for new hires for technology requirements. Apprentices will help to get new starts the right applications to do their job and get up and running as quickly as possible.
• Apprentices will function as part of a complete service team providing the solution most effective to meet our customer’s needs, to deliver the services they require and to improve our products and services to them.
• Regularly identify repetitive faults through communication with other groups and statistics available from Problem Management systems to investigate and implement permanent fixes. Nobody likes dealing with the same issue repeatedly, so we make sure that we put long-term fixes in place, and resolve the issue for everyone affected.
• Liaise with business areas providing guidance and solutions; identify technology enhancements pro-actively with a view to improving day-to-day productivity. Apprentices build their skills and knowledge over time to become develop expertise in certain applications and platforms.
• Contribute to documentation as required to help improve the knowledgebase available for other team members.
Applicants for this apprenticeship will follow the Networking Infrastructure training track of the ICT Apprenticeship.
• Ability to work as a key part of a truly global team.
• First class technical and business training from well-established team.
• Gain experience in liaising with Trading/Sales, Middle Office and Operations Counterparts in one of the world’s largest investment banks
• Opportunity to work with new and cutting edge technologies such as Cloud/MongoDB/Storm/BigData/Solace, as well as expanding skillset in established technologies such as TIBCO EMS/ Oracle/MS SQL/Linux/Weblogic/Gemfire to name a few.
• Strong analytical skills & attention to detail
• IT (spreadsheet/analytical/modeling skills)
• Positive attitude and keen to learn.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under stress and time constraints.
• Ability to prioritise workload to adjust to the competing priorities from the Trading Floor / Banking environment
• Planning and documentation skills will be essential in implementing any changes in process etc.
• Self-motivation, commitment and excellent people skills will also be required in this role.
• Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn are essential!
• 2 A-Levels A-C including 1 STEM subject
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.?
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer