With the largest share of locally headquartered companies in the Northern Ireland Top 100, listed companies, owner managed businesses and the operations of some of the worlds largest companies.
Our Belfast Assurance practice has a prestigious client base that includes the largest share of locally headquartered companies in the Northern Ireland Top 100, listed companies, private equity investors and investees, owner managed businesses and the operations of some of the worlds largest companies. Being part of one of the teams providing services to such a prestigious client base in a growth orientated environment will enable you to gain experiences and acquire skills to build your career.
Overview of Role
Typical activities will include the following:
- Manage client relationships/expectations and develop client portfolio.
- Develop relations with existing clients in order to gather feedback on the quality of work delivered and to gain ideas for improvement of services delivered.
- Effectively manage audit teams and actively coach and develop team members
- Active involvement in the recruitment of staff
- Plan and manage own performance and development
- Develop technical expertise -both functional and industry
- Responsible for planning and managing assignments for compliance with all technical requirements including: Final technical review at all stages and for raising with partners all pertinent issues, Reviewing and approving for partner’s signature all financial statements, opinions and reports and other deliverable documents for clients, Ensuring management letters are constructive, commercially aware and demonstrate the firm’s interest in the client’s business.
- Obtaining consultation from experts on complex issues
- Responsible for handling various assignments concurrently, including:
Pre Audit / other project:
- Preparation of audit project proposals, budgets, negotiations over fee and contract terms.
- Audit field work:
- Monitoring audit progress including compliance with budgets and deadline.
- Ensuring that audit work is being allocated to team members on a level commensurate with their past experience
- Review of audit work papers and reporting to the relevant partner / director
- Adequate fee recovery, variance analysis, billing procedures and pursuing overdue accounts.
- Arrangement of closing meeting including preparation of support for agenda.
- Controlling preparation of final version accounts and reports.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Worked on Large / Multinational clients
- Qualified Accountant -e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA qualified
- Minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience, including at least one in a role as an audit manager or with equivalent experience
- Ability and willingness to work primarily on challenging and complex projects
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) & new UK GAAP
- An ability to manage projects and teams
- High Technical Knowledge
- Excellent commercial, management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated business acumen