Excellent opportunity for Audio Visual Technicians - 2019 Freelance Register based in Belfast.
Audio Visual Technicians – 2019 Freelance Register
We help our clients create and deliver digital experiences through visual productions, ranging from corporate video productions right through to live broadcasts and webcasts. Our core strength is that we offer fully integrated solutions for production, broadcasting and web requirements.
Pi – All things Audio and Video – Here are some of the things we do;
- Produce many hundreds of live broadcasts from TV galleries – for TV and Web
- Modernise and optimise video or / and audio technology systems for clients
- Create media content for e learning purposes with storage, archiving and core learning management systems
- Work with government to develop and support citizen engagement initiatives
- Develop video marketing material
- Develop systems for electronic presentation of evidence and other solutions for the justice sectors
- Deliver content to support access issues – simultaneous translation services, sign language, subtitling and captioning
- IMACD Activity – Installation, Move, Add, Change, Disposal
We are seeking to compile a 2019 Freelance Register for Multi Skilled Audio Visual Technicians to work primarily in Belfast with travel across N. Ireland / Ireland as required
We offer competitive rates based on experience. It is likely that permanent positions will arise in 2019 and members of our freelance pool will be automatically considered.
- Be an integral part of a team providing technical production support to a number of high profile event clients and productions on-site as well as store support.
- Operation and support of camera, sound and lighting equipment during live productions.
- Operation of field cameras and post production equipment to produce short films (on location)
- Working with other AV technicians to improve your own and the team’s understanding of the client’s capabilities and to share experiences, issues, and resolutions for different situations & problems.
- Assist in maintaining quality control i.e. – monitoring condition of equipment, reporting any faults or issues in the output / content in company record systems
- Assist with providing post event/ programme reports and analysis
- Ability to rig equipment for events
- To operate in compliance with the Company / Industry Health & Safety policy and procedures at all times
Desirable Skills & Experience
- 2 + years AV experience with a degree or foundation course / qualification in media, broadcast or audio visual technologies.
- Understanding signal flow both in audio and video applications.
- Adaptable, flexible and willingness to learn.
- Have excellent technical skills and be familiar with the main AV equipment types
- Possess excellent IT & creative skills.
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and solutions with a willingness to continually update and improve knowledge and skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with internal staff and external clients
- Ability to work under pressure and to resolve issues diplomatically and calmly
- Due to the nature of our work, weekend work can be required and we would expect you to be able to work unusual and anti-social hours to meet customer requirements.
- Ideally you will have knowledge /experience in the following technologies; Vision mixers / switchers – Ross, Blackmagic, etc * Video Displays – Large Format Displays (LFD’s), projectors and screens, Video signals and distribution – HD-SDI, HDMI over Cat5 , Scan converters, etc * Software; Powerpoint, Keynote, Playback Pro, etc * Audio ;- PA systems, Wireless mics, Digital & analog audio mixers * Lighting – basic knowledge of lighting and control systems
- Experience in any of the following would also be beneficial; Software; – Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop etc), Video Cameras – Sony, Panasonic, Blackmagic etc. Some experience in rigging and power distribution would be useful.
- We are also interested in trainees without experience but with an interest and a commitment to learning the skills
Get in touch:
To apply please click the APPLY NOW button below and send a covering letter and CV
Please outline your relevant experience and any specialist areas of expertise in the covering letter
Closing Date – Monday 22nd October at 10am