Excellent opportunity for Assistant Project Planner based in Newry.
Job Title: Assistant Project Planner
Due to significant growth an opportunity has arisen to join the Planning Department of the award winning MJM Marine Ltd. This role will give the successful applicant the opportunity to grow and develop their career in this niche area of contract delivery in a highly successful company.
To assist in the creation, update and revision of project plans as the project evolves by working with the Contracts Manager in conjunction with the Planning Department and to identify and highlight critical risks/ changes to the project delivery.
- Assist in the creation of programmes for tender submittals
- Working closely with the Contracts team to accumulate data for the purpose of creating & updating project plans.
- Collating information in respect of, procurement, logistics, design, subcontractors and project labour.
- Inputting the colatted data/ information into the project plan and revising the project plan as required.
- Advising the Contracts team in relation to the status of the plan and any relevant changes.
- Identifying risks to the project using the project plan and alerting the relevant personnel.
- Travelling to site to monitor site progress against the project plan for the contract installation and report to key stakeholders.
- Interacting with clients to advise of the status of the project.
- Undertake any other duties and projects allocated, which are within the individual’s sphere of knowledge, experience or competency.
- Other duties as directed by Management commensurate with the role.
- Competent in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Degree/ HND or similar qualification.
- Demonstrable knowledge of construction related activities.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills, planning and organizing skills.
- Must be prepared to undertake travel as part of the role.
- Previous experience of using Microsoft Project.
- Previous experience of using Microsoft Power BI.
- Construction / Engineering related qualification.
You will be expected to participate in education, training or development as is necessary, to enable the company to achieve the company’s objectives as communicated to you.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website.
You will be directed to follow the following steps:
- Click on ‘Apply for this Job’.
- Complete the application form online.
- Download the application form after completion
- Save the downloaded form
- Upload the downloaded form to the site
Completed application forms should be submitted by Friday 26th October at 5pm