Seeking a Warehouse/Stores Manager to join a team and help to maintain and enhance their existing reputation for producing top quality goods.
Our client is a leading Engineering company based in Portadown which designs and manufactures a suite of high quality products and has expanded rapidly in recent years. They are now seeking an experienced Warehouse/Stores Manager to join their team and help to maintain and enhance their existing reputation for producing top quality goods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and shipping operations by initiating, coordinating all procedures.
- Ensure overall quality of work is at or above set standards of excellence.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by using MRP
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by inspecting equipment, issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Establish maintenance programs for all Logistics equipment including fork trucks, strapping machines, etc.
- Coordinates the effective utilisation of manpower, equipment and materials, maintaining applicable cost and delivery.
- Insure all training is complete and timely.
- Direct involvement in continuous improvement processes, focusing on service and productivity.
- Monitor spending to budgets and insure expenditures are prudent and timely.
- Insure overall compliance to safety and regulatory requirements.
- Employee development and improvements.
Complexity of Duties:
- Work independently using sound management judgment and accepted procedures. Able to lead team efforts relative to improvements in process, productivity and efficiency.
- Manages overall shipping, receiving and warehousing operations, utilizing strong problem solving and decision-making skills, while providing a clear understanding of requirements to individuals.
- Must provide accurate decisions or directions to assure productive use of resources while meeting necessary schedules in support of customer schedules and objectives.
- Interface and collaborate with multiple cross functional groups both on daily activities and long-term objectives.
- Works closely with other supervisors and management to make decisions and make recommendations to management on a regular basis.
- Perform both in an office and warehouse environment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of warehouse practices, and inventory control techniques.
- Understanding of business objectives.
- Ability to construct and manage budgets and capital spending needs.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage others while objectively and effectively managing employee performance
Education and/or Experience:
- Four or more years in a demonstrated Warehouse/Shipping leadership role.
- Experienced in team projects relative to improvements in process.
- Experience with Lean concepts and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of operating policies, practices and procedures.
For further info contact Glenda at CMB Recruitment