Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £20000 - 25000
Updated 2 weeks ago
Volunteer Coordinator for NI Charity
My Client is an established NI charity that fundraises for and manages a fast response Emergency Medical Service across Northern Ireland. It works in partnership with the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service but operates independently, with an Executive Team based near Sprucefield, Lisburn. They now need to recruit a full-time permanent Volunteer Coordinator
As a key member of a highly motivated and skilled team, you have a vital role in maximising income, awareness and charity profile to help deliver an annual income target upwards of £2m. You will ensure the effective recruitment, induction, supervision, support, training and matching of compassionate community volunteers.
RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION
– Recruit and select volunteers for the Air Ambulance NI
– Deliver a comprehensive induction programme to new volunteers outlining their responsibilities and providing written details of their job role.
– Review, develop and evaluate training programme
– Organise and deliver training for new and existing volunteers to ensure compliance with statutory and/or company policies and procedures including lone working, health and safety, safeguarding vulnerable adults and confidentiality.
– Organise ACCESS NI checks where appropriate, obtain references for new volunteers and maintain up-to-date records for all volunteers.
– Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulation in relation to volunteers.
SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT
– Provide on-going coordination, support and supervision of volunteers.
– Develop and keep updated volunteer policies and procedures.
– Continually review and develop systems and processes for supporting the performance and development of volunteers.
– Investigate and report issues regarding volunteers.
– Facilitate monthly meetings to encourage, motivate and support volunteers
– Organise an annual volunteer recognition event to celebrate the importance of volunteer contribution
– Ensure volunteers complete and maintain up to date client records.
– Conduct regular audit on all records.
– Monitor and evaluate volunteer activities and report outcomes to the Project Management Team.
– Source additional training opportunities for volunteers from external organisations
COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIPS
– Organise and attend profile raising and information events to encourage, promote and attract new volunteers.
– Work in collaboration with other organisations to attract new volunteers.
– Assist in identifying and submitting grant applications.
– Develop and deliver presentations to relevant groups.
– Manage the volunteer service including planning and prioritising workload such as all office administration systems, dealing with correspondence, word processing etc.
– Agree work priorities with line manager on a weekly basis. Be willing to change according to the needs of the service.
Ideally you will have experience of working in a charity with personal involvement in volunteer management. We are looking for an individual who is super organised, self-confident, friendly, energetic and helpful. You will be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and enjoy getting things done whilst working as part of a small professional team. You will have the ability to interact with senior staff, fundraisers and the public. The role offers good variety and job satisfaction.
You will have good IT skills with high level of competency in all Microsoft Office packages.
Starting salary of £20,000 to £22,000 on offer (commensurate with skills and experience). 28 days holidays. Monday to Friday 9am to 5.00pm, flexibility may be required to attend functions and events. Offices based near Sprucefield, own transport essential, you must have full clean driving license. Free car parking.
Interested? Contact Bill Ashe at Staff Source, please send a copy of your CV using the ‘apply’ button. Confidentiality assured.
Staff Source Ltd is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our clients.
Due to the high level of responses to our adverts we can only contact those applicants who demonstrate, from the information supplied in their CV, that they meet the short-listing criteria for this role.