We’re seeking an experienced, self-motivated, passionate, UX Engineer to ensure Cayan’s products provide a best-in-class user experience.
We’re seeking an experienced, self-motivated, passionate, UX Engineer to ensure Cayan’s products provide a best-in-class user experience. Cayan’s products operate across web-based portals, mobile, and counter-top devices. The ideal individual loves to spend time with users outside the building to understand what drives them to use our products. They exhibit a strong passion for designing product user experiences that are functional, simple, yet beautiful and easy to use. They think through a workflow and make bold and daring design decisions to reinvent it. And finally, they hold an attention to detail to ensure that the delivered product from engineering is pixel-perfect, but a realist knowing that perfection is the enemy of the good. If this is you, please read on.
- Work with Product Architects and Product Managers to ensure the user experience mission is aligned with Cayan’s business goals
- Provide guidance, training and best practices on user experience to Product Owners, Product Architects and Engineers
- Work with Engineering to ensure products are built in accordance with the UX mission
- Collaborate with Tech Support and Trainers to ensure the user experience is well understood, documented, and supported
- Maintain a passion for user experience, keeping abreast of state-of-the-art, best practices and competitor trends, whilst balancing solutions against cost, timing and value
- Execute all visual design stages from concept, wireframes, prototypes, pixel perfect mockups to final hand-off to engineering
- Develop original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex user scenarios
- Present designs to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and track metrics for determining the success of the user experience
- Seek and act on user feedback to continuously enhance and shape the user experience
- Degree or similar work experience in a discipline related to Visual Communications, Interactive Multimedia, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, Writing, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience delivering complex software design projects in web design, user interface design, or related field
- Experience in eCommerce or related field preferred
- Proven ability to collaborate with diverse groups of individuals in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to assess and interpret client needs and end user needs (e.g., business requirements, product roadmap, and end user research)
- Practitioner of user centered design best practices including iterative design and usability testing
- Good presentation and communication skills including written, visual, and verbal; able to document and communicate a design to a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining flexibility
- Mobile/responsive design experience is highly desired
- Experienced at driving a user experience from start-to-finish that delivers results and connects emotionally with our customers
- Obsessed with good user-centered design practices and has an exceptional eye for detail
- Experience in creating and revising interaction design artifacts including: high level conceptual work, diagrams and flows, detailed wireframes with annotations, experience maps, UX patterns and animations, expert understanding of native app UX design systems (Material Design, iOS 9 and 10), prototyping, establishing and delivering against UX standards
- Passionate about understanding (and keeping the team and stakeholders in formed about) current and emerging UX trends
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to work on complex projects while incorporating the fundamentals of user-centered design
- Experience of passive customer engagement (metrics, analytics) around user experience
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including: free car parking, private medical care, health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.
You also get to work in an award winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.