Manpower is recruiting for a Transport Planner to join a leading logistics firm in Belfast (Maternity Cover).
The successful candidate will plan operational traffic and loads to and from Ireland, the UK & Mainland Europe. You will deliver excellent customer service with consideration for the cost incurred and the equipment available.
- Planning of daily collections and processing through IT system.
- Allocation of vehicles to the loads as booked by the customer, bearing in mind aspects of cost, customer service, tachograph regulations and equipment availability.
- Bookings of boats, bearing in mind aspects such as cost and customer service.
- Regular tracking of vehicles and equipment.
- Keeping customers and drivers informed of progress of transport delays and any other changes.
- Ensure associated admin and shipping confirmations are complete
What we are looking for:
- Previous Transport Planning experience from the haulage industry
- Good geographical knowledge of UK and Ireland
- Experience in dealing with customers and drivers
- Knowledge of IT software including Excel
- Highly organised and excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of transport legislation, driver hours and tachographs
Suitable candidates will need to be available for 12 hour shift rotations which includes weekends
Highly competitive salary on offer in £25-30k range