Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £25000 - 35000
Updated 2 weeks ago
Technical Procurement Project Manager role with a leading public body. 3 months interim position.
Technical Procurement Project Manager required for a leading public body in Belfast. This is an interim role for approximately 3 months. You will be an experienced Procurement Specialist who will play a fundamental role, delivering a robust procurement strategy in line with public procurement legislation.
As Technical Procurement Project Manager, you will report to the Senior Project manager and be responsible for in delivering effective procurement of works that represents the most cost effective and technically feasible solution for Asset Management. Roles and responsibilities include:
– Supporting the Senior Project Manager (Technical Procurement) in the day to day operation and management of the Corporate Procurement Unit.
– To liaise with client department and consultants to formulate procurement requirements, providing technical input ensuring tender specification and contract documentation complies with all relevant legislation, best practice methodologies and internal specifications, policies and procedures.
– Provide technical support in the delivery of procurement’s listed on the contracts register and those new contracts as advised by the Senior Project Manager (Technical Procurement).
– Supporting the Senior Project Manager (Technical Procurement) in delivering the objectives contained in the divisional business plan.
– Supporting the Senior Project Manager (Technical Procurement) in the general administration of the section including provision of statistical data, staff management and any further duties as identified by the Senior Project Manager (Technical Procurement).
– Prepare and analyse costings for tender evaluations
– Advise on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction.
– Drafting documentation for the NEC 3 suite of contracts.
– Managing workload compliant with PRINCE 2 project management methodologies for delivery of projects in a controlled manner.
– Liaise with client department to ensure Post Project Evaluations are completed and improvements are incorporated into future projects.
– Interpret auto-cad technical drawings.
– Conduct initiation and handover of contract meetings with client.
– Knowledge of health & safety and environmental policies for construction projects.
– Contribute to the effective delivery of a quality service through the formulation, review and proper implementation of policies and procedures.
– Comply with the requirements of the Data Protection, Equal Opportunities and Equality Legislation.
– Participate in forums / working groups / committees / tenants consultation as required.
– Undertake other occasional duties which are consistent with the responsibilities of the post.
– Be responsible for establishing a pro-active approach to the management of health, safety and welfare and encouraging a positive team culture for addressing health and safety issues.
– Undertake and complete such training as required to perform the duties of the job. Ensure by working collaboratively that a programme of training is delivered, to ensure that staff has the required capacity and capability to deliver its obligations.
– Ensure compliance with all human resource related policies and procedures.
– Interpret and implement changes in legislation relating to the unit’s areas of operation and updating policies and procedures.
This is an interim post for circa 3 months (subject to business needs). Working hours are 37.5 per week and competitive salary is available.
The successful Technical Procurement Project Manager 2-5 years experience in a similar procurement role in a construction / public services/ utilities environment.
Interested candidates who feel are meeting the criteria should forward a CV without delay via this advertisement. If you would like to discuss this Technical Procurement Project Manager job in more detail please contact me, Kelly Jennings, specialist Procurement and Supply Chain recruiter at Grafton, Belfast. Closing date for applications is PM on 14 September 2018 and applicants will have to supplement their CV with a completed application form (available via Grafton).
If this procurement job is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in other procurement or supply chain roles I would be delighted to hear from you – I am registering new jobs every day.
You must have a current, valid UK work permit to be considered for this job and only candidate’s whose CV is meeting the criteria will be accepted.