STORES MANAGER JOB REF: 0430
Our client has over 25 years’ experience in designing and manufacturing. They have quickly become a global leader in the design and distribution of a range of equipment used in the recycling, materials handling and quarry industries. They are now looking to appoint a Stores Manager in their Dungannon facility.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the purpose of this job is to oversee the efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of goods. Responsible for a vital part of the supply chain process, managing people, processes and systems in order to ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately and productivity targets are met.
- To supervise and control stores personnel to ensure an effective and efficient operation
- Deliver continuous improvements throughout stores operations
- To oversee and manage the receipt, storage and issue of all raw materials while maximising storage availability, ensuring proper stock rotation, and maintaining a high standard of quality.
- To operate an accurate stock control system, find root cause of errors and queries
- Control inventory using MRP system
- Manage a continuous program of inventory locations so that space is fully utilised
- Manage all other operations within the stores areas including: return to stock, racking inspections, production requests
- To work closely with Purchasing Manager prior to stock take to ensure stores area is prepped and organised. Stock take is accurate and precise.
- To work seamlessly with other areas of the business as a team to achieve Company Goals.
- Supervise forklift operations
- Stock checks/inspections of parts
- Safeguard stores operations, employees and contents by consistently reviewing and monitory H&S procedures.
- Good knowledge of stores function and stock control disciplines
- An excellent problem solver and decision maker
- Possess strong computer skills– (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook) and have familiarity with process control software, MRP/ERP
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills are essential
- To be able to work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of inventory control, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Ability to follow up action points arising and actions to agreed timescales through a logical and methodical approach
- Confident, articulate communicator and strong responsive interpersonal skills
- Well organised and methodical approach to goods storage and movement and administrative tasks
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative and integrity
- To enjoy practical and manual work
- The ability to keep detailed and accurate records
- Strong analytical skills and a good eye for detail
- Ensuring excellent standards of housekeeping are maintained
- Ensuring established health and safety procedures are adhered to and PPE issued is worn and properly maintained
- Sound knowledge and experience of MRP/ERP systems
- A proven track record of leading, training, developing and motivating teams
- Previous management/supervisory experience in a similar role in an engineering stores environment.
Contact Donna McGurk on 028 8676 0044 for a confidential chat or submit your CV via the link.
The Company reserves the right to vary criteria at the shortlisting stage.
Spectrum Employment Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
SPECTRUM EMPLOYMENT SOLUTIONS comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and collects, processes and stores all personal data solely for the purpose of finding applicants suitable employment opportunities. By submitting your personal details (CV) to us, you are giving us consent to process and store your data for this purpose. We only share your personal data with third party processors and with potential employers who are essential for us in providing this service.