Location UK / Newry
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 5 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Staff Nurse based in Newry
TITLE OF POST: STAFF NURSE
RESPONSIBLE TO: NURSE MANAGER
REPORT TO: DIRECTOR/PROPRIETOR
ROLE: Responsible for the assessment of care needs, the development of programmes of care and/or the implementation and evaluation of these programmes. Are expected to carry out all forms of care without direct supervision and may be required to demonstrate procedures to and supervise qualified or unqualified staff.
1. To actively participate in the development and maintenance of a warm supportive environment.
2. To ensure that residents are encouraged to express their individuality through choice of own diet, clothing and personal possessions and to receive assistance with them if necessary.
3.To assist in helping residents to choose from and use the wide range of appropriate leisure activities (including day trips, shopping, social outings, holidays) and partake in same.
4. To encourage and provide the opportunities for all residents/staff to express their ideas and opinions, and recognise that these are useful in decision making.
5. To support a high level of personal health in residents – to closely monitor standards of care and report problems to the nurse manager.
6. To carry out clinical practice within framework of NMC code of professional conduct.
7. To participate in the assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of residents, with the framework of the theories and concepts of the nursing model – Roper, Logan and Tierney.
8. To provide nursing intervention for – physical, psychological, spiritual and social needs of the individual resident as they arise.
9. To participate in the induction of new staff as required.
10. To be familiar with home policies and procedures – ensuring that where appropriate they are adhered to at all times having a good working knowledge of same.
11. To order, administer and dispose all medicines adhering to the homes policy and guidelines outlined by the NMC.
12. To assist all unqualified staff in all aspects of their work.
13. To demonstrate an active self-motivated commitment by attending staff and residents meeting/reviews, in house study days, keeping professionally refreshed in current trends by active participation when required – in proving reports.
14.To actively update professional knowledge and skills – through reading and attending courses – keeping abreast of current research/modern techniques and methods of nursing and translates this into practice.
15. To maintain effective liaison with other professional bodies.
16. To participate in the agreed staff development and performance review programmes.
17. To deal with complaints and untoward events in the correct manner and reporting such incidents to the nurse manager.
18. To maintain accurate records following guidelines outlined by the NMC.
19. To record accurately any transactions with cash whether homes or residents.
20. To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and neatness, adhering at all times to the agreed home policy on dress.
21. To assist in the smooth running of the home and ensure that resources are utilised efficiently by exercising due care and economy of same.
22. To work flexible hours in response to the needs of the residents. Co-operate with other members of the team regarding annual leave and off duty rotas.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION WILL CONTINUE TO BE THE SUBJECT OF REGULAR REVIEW – IT SHOULD NOT BE REGARDED AS EXHAUSTIVE, RESTRICTIVE OR DEFINITE BUT ACTS AS A BROAD GUIDE TO THE DEMANDS OF THE POST.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV