Software Test Engineer - Competitive Salary + Benefits
Our client, a global powerhouse pioneering advanced technologies and ideas in the technology sector, is searching for talented software test engineers to join their new team. This is an opportunity to work with of the most reputable brands in the business, to set standards of excellence with innovative testing tools and solutions which will be implemented on a worldwide scale. This is an essential aspect of their ICT division where new ideas and excellence are required for moving forward
The objective of this team is to design, develop and shape the future of our electrical and electronic systems; that’ll be your goal as you apply your technical expertise to help develop robust software. This includes everything in their products from advanced control systems, infotainment, cloud-connected features and integration of consumer electronic technologies. You will be Responsible for the design and development of SW test framework to enable the SW validation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Technical Expertise:
- Knowledge of Systems Architecture and development.
- Experience of validation and automated testing using scripting.
- Help develop and execute test plans, test cases, test automation, and test engineering technologies.
- Develop and implement test frameworks to enable the test teams to verify functional and non-functional requirements.
- Partner closely with development teams to ensure new projects adhere to quality guidelines and best practices.
- Simulation testing.
- Passion to constantly push for improved quality and act as an advocate for the end use of the Systems being evaluated.
- Teamwork and Leadership: Positive team player, confidence to highlight issues and problems.
- Planning and Scheduling:
- Building test plans, create test tools, use cases, and testing of new systems.
- Participate in product requirement and design reviews. Contribute to the improvement of our test infrastructure and frameworks by building tools.
- Working within Product Engineering across multiple work groups and sub teams. Helping to develop processes and tools required for electronic validation function. Working with Functional Safety teams to generate safety requirements for testing from the functional requirements. Properly documenting all test procedures, working within the tracking system, and ensuring test results traceability.
- Relevant industry experience
- Good experience in HIL, MIL and SIL based testing
- Committed team player, software programmes are often very complex and require extra ordinary effort to deliver due to limited expertise across OEM’s
- Good knowledge on complete test process, test conditions, should be able to develop pre-conditions, test specifications, test plans.
- Exposure on automated testing using available scripting tools is good-to-have.
- Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Full Driving Licence.
- Understanding of ASPICE and SDLC.
- Experience in Matlab and control system verification.