Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £55000 - 65000
Updated 1 week ago
Our client is looking for a senior level engineer to evolve their product from an SMB targeted desktop application to an Enterprise SaaS offering. Your challenge will be to help deliver a high availability, Cloud based multi-tiered product.
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting exclusively for one of the most innovative and cutting edge companies on the planet right now.
My client provides the most technologically advanced and comprehensive product cost management software available on the market today. My client was voted in the top four companies to work for in the US in 2016.
My client is looking for a senior level engineer to evolve their product from an SMB targeted desktop application to an Enterprise SaaS offering. Your challenge will be to help deliver a high availability, Cloud based multi-tiered product.
* 5+ years of software engineering experience
* 3+ years of Java development experience
* 2+ years experience working with databases
* Experience designing and implementing major components of software products or responsible for overall product architecture
* Demonstrable experience with one or more web application frameworks and open source technologies
* Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team
* Skilled at object-oriented analysis, design and programming
* BS in Computer Science or other technical discipline
* Experience with one or more ORM frameworks such as Hibernate
* Expertise in database techniques/tools such as data modeling, Oracle, SQL. etc.
* Expertise in designing and developing RESTful services
* Experience configuring and tuning virtual private/public clouds, preferably AWS
* Experience in SaaS/Cloud application development, including an understanding of security concerns and multi-tenancy
* Experience refactoring and redesigning products to be more usable, scalable, secure and performant
* Experience designing and implementing distributed systems
My client has a highly collaborative/cross-functional culture and approach to developing products. Therefore, in addition to the technical requirements, they are looking for an individual with good communication skills (both verbal and written) who can collaborate effectively with product development and product management.
Includes a sum of flexible benefits that include life insurance, pension scheme etc amongst a host of other brilliant benefits. The salary is negotiable depending on experience but would be in the bracket of £55,000-£70,000
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Java roles in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Gary McMahon in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250