Exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with a leading Consultancy based in County Down. Competitive salary £30-40k + benefits. Negotiable on demonstrated experienced.
Job title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary Range: £30-40K (depending on experience).
Location: County Down.
Vickerstock are working with an award winning Professional Quantity Surveyor Practice, with over 25+ years’ experience, based in County Down who specialise in the building and construction Public and Private sector.
Due to continual investment in their team and an ever increasing portfolio quantity an exciting opportunity had presented itself to help build a growing career with one of leading consultancies and build their growing reputation.
Specialising in Public & Private Educational, Healthcare, Residential and Commercial sector, the successful candidate will be working on prestigious projects throughout NI and ROI, with project ranging in excess of £10million.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Role:
- Manage and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial records are up-to-date and on tracked within client and project budget/tender/commitment demands.
- Pro-actively monitor cash flow and valuation planning, ensuring application are made correctly and in a timely manner.
- Post contact duties to include attendance at internal & external meetings, interim recommendations, cost reporting, dealing with cost variations and final accounts.
- Liaise with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project.
- Liaise with Design Teams when required.
- Manage and negotiate the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation.
- Manager sub-contractor’s account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in according to company standard HSE procedures and work instructions.
- Internal and external monthly review meetings with Client Teams and Sub-contractors.
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of final accounts with all sub-contractors.
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities (BoQ’s) and Contract Documents.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Criteria:
- Third level degree qualification in Quantity Surveying and be able to demonstrate 5+ years high level of experience.
- Relevant Senior Commercial/Quantity Surveying/Management Surveying experience within a consultancy or construction/building industry is beneficial.
- Proven experience with liaising with Design Team and Clients.
- Procurement, measurement and finalisation of sub-contractors experience required.
- Able to provide evidence of experience in producing valuation and Final Accounts.
- Negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
- High level of IT literacy, especially in QS measurement packages (Buildsoft, CostX etc…), Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then call Paul McGinn for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.