Senior Finance Manager - Belfast - c.£80k
Senior Finance Manager
VANRATH are proud to be representing one of Northern Ireland’s leading, private sector organisations who are keen to recruit a Senior Finance Manager for their Belfast City Centre office. This is a newly-created role which has arisen following an internal restructure and will require a strong suite of technical skills mixed with exceptional people skills. Working at a senior level within a Global, Blue Chip organisation, this should provide a stimulating and rewarding challenge for the successful candidate. Our client are firm believers in developing their employees and ensuring they enjoy working in a positive culture and, as such, are keen to ensure they offer a market-leading remuneration package for this role, in order to attract the strongest candidates at this level in Northern Ireland.
The Belfast Office provides services to the global network of offices for our client, covering management and financial accounting, revenue/transactional finance and tax. In your role you will report to the Head of Finance and will oversee the following duties and responsibilities:
- Deputise for Head of Finance
- Stand as a key member of the Finance Shared Services Board (FSSB), assisting with agenda management and delivery of SSC actions;
- Help drive service review meetings with stakeholders (serviced out of the Belfast SSC)
- Develop strong working relationships with key finance stakeholders, Global Finance and Group Tax.
- Provide strong leadership and direction to the Belfast Finance department;
- Help embed, drive and encourage continuous improvement of these teams, harmonizing working practice and the meeting of appropriate performance and efficiency benchmarks
- Work with line managers to thoroughly plan and organize the team workload effectively to deliver agreed outputs in an efficient manner within a clear timeframe;
- Continual assessment of the work within areas of responsibility, working with managers to develop practical solutions to service improvement, enabling team to undertake value add activities;
- Ensure adherence to internal policies and good practice across teams, helping managers to continually improve, plan and implement change;
- Create an environment for knowledge sharing and staff development for regulatory, technical and statutory accounting, working with managers to ensure staff are properly trained on key rules/policies;
- Assist the Head of Finance with the planning and production of the finance annual budget;
- Work with line managers to ensure compliance with statutory reporting, SAR and taxation requirements of the jurisdictions where a service is provided;
- Become a trusted advisor to stakeholders, helping direct reports to present technical information in a way that is easily understood by a non-specialist audience;
- Support the Head of Finance implement change in finance, providing constructive advice regarding any new initiatives, and assist in communicating effectively with their team so that transitions are smooth;
- Ensure continuous improvement of team and the meeting of appropriate performance and efficiency benchmarks;
- Work with line managers to prepare for the annual financial audit ensuring that the process goes smoothly and to time.
- Work with managers to ensure team workload and task management is appropriate and focused on delivery;
- Delegate tasks appropriately to team managers in order to deliver a timely, high quality service to customers and to assist in the personal development of the team managers;
- Through line managers ensure the effective allocation, standard and performance of work and be the point of escalation for issues from teams and the client;
- Empower direct reports in areas of responsibility to manage their teams across service delivery, performance and talent management;
- Assists team managers to translate and set challenging team goals and objectives into individual objectives and holds 1-1 meetings to discuss progress, identifying areas for development. Suggesting specific learning to address development areas, and monitoring progress;
- Manage conflict/frustrations within the team with gravitas, facilitating discussion, conversation and resolution;
- Identify the skills of individual team members and through line managers plan workloads accordingly to maximize outputs;
- Play a leadership role within the wider Belfast office outside the finance function
The Ideal Person:
- Ideally 8 years’ experience of managing a finance function at a senior level in a commercial environment
- A qualified accountant (with at least 8 years relevant PQE).
- Demonstrable track record of successful interaction with senior leaders;
- Experience of managing via KPIs, SLAs and other performance metrics;
- Agility to manage strategically and act operationally during period of stability and change;
- Experience & awareness of in working with customers across differing countries and cultures
- Strong analytically and methodical in approach;
- Demonstrable experience of analysing problems and proposing solutions
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office and a complex finance systems
c.£80k (plus generous benefits package)
For further information on this vacancy, or other Senior Accountancy opportunities in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Barbara McKiernan in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.