SALES ASSISTANT, DERRY CITY, £16,336
Experienced Sales Assistant required for Full time, Permanent opportunity with a global supplier to the Construction industry, based in Derry City.
SALES ASSISTANT, DERRY CITY, £16,336
An exciting new opportunity has developed with a global supplier to the Construction industry, based in Derry City. As Sales Assistant, you will be responsible for driving, developing and increasing sales within the Store. Providing an enhanced customer experience by recognising customer needs, selling our clients range of products and assisting with the completion of company objectives and maintaining a high standard of customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve Sales and Profit targets to ensure Company profitability. Proactive use of the ‘War book’ on a daily basis to ensure development of New, Lapsed & existing customer base to maximise share of wallet.
- Provide a high level of customer service, identify customer needs in order to increase sales, provide assistance and product knowledge to improve service levels and sales targets.
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are adhered to at all times in line with statutory legislation and Company policy.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures relating to security of company monies and stock are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Undertake opening and closing of the store, and provide cover at other stores within the Zone as and when requested to meet business requirements.
- Unload/load and check all incoming and outgoing deliveries against the delivery documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Report any stock shortages or damaged stock to the Store Operations Manager at the earliest opportunity to ensure accurate stock levels are maintained within the business.
- Input stock delivered onto the Electronic Point Of Sale (EPOS) system in order to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Accept payments from customers and complete all sales documentation and authorisation procedures correctly to ensure accurate records and adherence to company policy.
- Answer customer queries, either face to face or over the telephone, giving accurate product information and where possible solve problems raised to maintain a high level of customer service whilst increasing sales.
- Undertake, when required, an efficient delivery service, ensuring customer is aware of the latest offers and promotions available to them.
- When using Company delivery vehicle, make sure vehicle is loaded, driven and maintained to a high standard to ensure compliance with current Company requirements. Ensure all daily checks are completed and any documentation relating to journeys and deliveries are completed on time and correctly in order that the company’s administration procedures are maintained.
- Report any accidents or damages to the vehicle at the earliest opportunity to the manager to ensure the correct accident procedures are adhered to in line with Company policy.
- Ensure all deliveries are correctly unloaded, signed for, returned and “cash on delivery” payments are made as directed by Store Operations Manager in order that a high standard of security with regards to all company property and monies be maintained.
- Undertake stock take duties as directed by the Store Operations Manager to ensure accurate levels of stock within the store.
- Ensure store operating standards achieve the level of excellence required.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by your Store Operations Manager.
- Customer focussed and direct sales experience is essential.
- Good knowledge of Company products.
- Full clean driving licence and must have held a full valid driving licence for a period exceeding one year. Drivers of vehicles over 3.5T GVW must have the relevant full valid driving licence for a period exceeding four years.
- Good understanding of EPOS and IT systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of customer facing environment or equivalent.
- Required to work in a small team environment where the job has to be completed regardless of roles.
- Team working is an essential part of the job.
- Required to be flexible in attitude towards working hours and duties.
- Required to undertake any training necessary to perform the job.
- Required to undertake driving duties as required by the Manager, ensuring that correct procedures are followed.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity with a fixed salary of £16,336 per annum.
If you would like more information, please call Marc Doorish on 02871 267799 or click on APPLY NOW to submit your CV.