EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. Our vision is to become the leading global professional services organisation by building a better working world.
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world’s most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It’s how you make a difference.
At EY we work in a dynamic, forward looking environment. You’ll have direct contact with clients and gain valuable experience across industries and geographies, learning from top minds in today’s transaction advisory arena. We’ll help you achieve your potential by giving you leading professional development opportunities.
The Transactions Advisory Services (‘TAS’) team at EY are currently looking for a Restructuring Analyst in our Belfast office. As the only integrated global TAS business worldwide we are one of the leading providers of transaction advisory services with over 100 experienced professionals based across our Belfast, Cork and Dublin offices.
This is a two year contract and we’ll equip you with the technical skills needed for the role and help you build on the softer skills needed for successful client relationships.
Your key responsibilities
You can expect a range of experiences and opportunities during your time with EY. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Management of a receivership portfolio, including day to day progression of assignments.
- Preparing detailed and analytical reports for submission to Clients, liaising with solicitors in relation to property portfolio, compliance review, preparation of receipts and payments accounts.
- Working effectively as a team member by sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior members on progress.
- A focus on anticipating and identifying risks that require escalation and subsequently escalating these risks to more senior staff as appropriate.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree from an Accounting, Business, Finance, Law or Property Management background with at least 1- 2 years’ work experience in a commercial setting.
- Team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels but also able to work effectively on your own using your own initiative and judgement as required
- Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of corporate failure or underperformance
- Motivated with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure to tight deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of products, including the use of Excel spreadsheets and Word for report writing.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience liaising with professionals in legal, property and other professions.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.