Exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a main contractor based in Co Antrim. Competitive salary & package. 1/2 days travel required.
Job title: Quantity Surveyor – Facade
Salary Range: £35,000 – £45,000 (negotiable on experience).
Location: County Antrim (1/2 days travel).
Vickerstock are working in conjunction with an award winning County Antrim main contractor specialising in the facade sector to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their established team.
With significant portfolio investment and internal growth, this is an exciting opportunity to join one of Northern Ireland & UK market leaders.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be reporting directing to the Commercial Manager and be responsible for the preparation and management of the projects budgets.
Quantity Surveyor – Facade Role:
- Manage and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial records are up-to-date and on tracked within client and project budget/tender/commitment demands.
- Pro-actively monitor cash flow and valuation planning, ensuring application are made correctly and in a timely manner.
- Manage and negotiate the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation.
- Manager sub-contractor’s account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
- Liaise with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project through to final accounts.
- Cost control during design and construction stages of works.
- Preparation of reports and technical documentation, as well as assisting with bid and tender documentation, and contractual terms.
- Providing contractual advice to the Project Manager.
- Undertaking audits of interim payments/final accounts.
- Conducting site measurements and preparing estimates for clients.
- Undertake the preparation and processing of quotations, bids and tenders within Client deadlines.
- Prepare cost, value and reconciliation monthly reports on each assigned project.
- Produce breakdowns, and undertake value engineering process to meet Client budgetary requirements.
- Attend Internal and external monthly review meetings with Client Teams and Sub-contractors.
- Attend internal hand-over meetings.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in according to company standard HSE procedures and work instructions.
Quantity Surveyor – Facade Criteria:
- Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying and be able to demonstrate a high level of experience (ideally 5+ years).
- Relevant Commercial/Quantity Surveying experience specifically within the construction, fit out, and facade industry is beneficial.
- Proven track record working as QS on high end facade and/or construction projects in excess of £5million.
- Procurement, measurement and finalisation of sub-contractors experience required.
- Able to provide evidence of experience in producing valuation and Final Accounts.
- Negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
- High level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Paul McGinn for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.