Exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a growing contractor and gain experienced in a diverse range of projects throughout NI & UK. £30-45k Salary, negotiable on experience. Some travel required.
Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary Range: £30,000-£45,000 (travel included when required).
Location: County Tyrone. Travel to project sites required.
Vickerstock have been selected to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a leading Building, Civil Engineering and Property Development contractor to help with their thriving portfolio of multi million pound custom-built projects across the UK and Ireland.
This role will allow an ambitious career driven candidate an opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects, as this company specialise in the educational, residential, community and industrial markets aswel as water infrastructure, reservoirs and wastewater treatment works.
Quantity Surveyor Criteria:
- 3rd Level Quantity Surveying degree or construction relate discipline, with minimum 3 years’ post graduate experience.
- Chartered membership or working towards membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Quantity surveying experience working on large scale educational, residential, community and industrial developments in excess of £5million in value is essential.
- A capability to produce detailed valuation and final accounts, while negotiating all terms on contracts on each specific project.
- Liaise with blue chip clients, architects, main-contractors and suppliers.
- Expertise in negotiation practices for procurement, measurement and finalisation of sub-contractors packages.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Competent use of Microsoft packages (including Word, Excel and Outlook).
- A Full valid UK driving licence is essential.
Quantity Surveyor Role:
- An ability to negotiate with client, main contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure accurate information on costs, profitability and value meets project budget requirements.
- Monthly cost, value and reconciliation report preparation on each individual projects.
- Coordinate with Commercial manager to produce project costs analysis feedback on a regular weekly or monthly basis.
- Producing comprehensive documents providing quantities/schedules/documentation for procurement of sub-contract packages.
- Attendance at monthly progress meetings with the client to presentation and respond to project enquiries or disputes.
- Primarily office based but some travelling will be required depending on project location.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Paul McGinn 02890 313 720 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.