Exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a specialist contractor based in County Antrim. Salary expectations £35-50K, negotiable on experience.
Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary Range: £35-50K + benefits (negotiable on experience).
Location: County Antrim, UK travel.
Vickerstock are working in conjunction with an established specialist Façade & Glass contractor based in County Antrim.
With 25+ years’ experience in the building and construction sector working on high-profile multi-million pound Facades, Entrance lobbies, Glass roofs and Lift Shafts throughout the Retail, Commercial, Residential, Health & Leisure sectors.
Based in Northern Ireland this role will offer an opportunity to join a passionate and thriving organisation and work on a number of exciting new projects.
Thanks to persistent internal and external investment, aswel as a surge in market growth, the successful candidate will be able to build an exciting career working on some of the largest projects in the industry.
Quantity Surveyor Criteria:
- Quantity Surveying Degree qualification and minimum 3+ year’s relevant experience, ideally in Façade or Building Contractor.
- Previous Quantity Surveying experience in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Proven experience and understanding of controlling all budgets and contractual requirements of projects.
- Able to provide evidence of experience in producing valuation and Final Accounts.
- Negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations to achieve best terms for projects and clients.
- High level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) Quantity Surveying software packages.
- Travel throughout the UK and NI is essential.
Quantity Surveyor Role:
- Ensure project management and operations are fully informed of all budgetary and contractual/commercial requirements during projects.
- Adhere to client guidelines, policies and procedures. Paying specific attention to financial systems, planning systems, project control systems, purchasing materials and the compulsory approvals of expenditure.
- Liaise with the Project Manager that all VO’s (Variations Orders) are raised, costed and valued and the necessary variation is submitted in a timely manner. Once finalised ensure VO register is updated accordingly with all budgets, forecast etc…
- Maintain and control the cost control model which includes cost coding structure, project budget (original budget, internal adjustments, client variations and cancellations), expenditure, deferred costs and a forecast of project outcome.
- Proven first-hand experience producing reports that identifies areas of concerns, meets the needs of finance department, the client and the project manager.
- Documentation control with regards to contractual agreements with suppliers, sub-contractors packages, appropriate records and backup of costs and correspondence (emails, letters, reports, filing etc…).
- To ensure compliance with the commercial and administrative requirements of contracts, including but not limited to preparation of minutes and contract correspondence.
- Produce accurate reports on work done/in progress, tenders, contract documents, risk & value management exercises.
- Pro-actively monitor cash flow and valuation planning, ensuring application are made correctly and in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project.
- Manage and negotiate the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation.
- Manage sub-contractor’s account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
- Attend both Internal and external monthly evaluation meetings with Client Teams and Sub-contractors.
- Effectively manage the cost of contracts, ensure cost control is maintained and value for money is achieved with the support of the team and other departments.
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of all final accounts.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Paul McGinn or Melody Humphreys on 02890 313720 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.