Excellent opportunity for a QS/Civil Engineer based in Banbridge
QS /Civil Engineer
- Third level degree qualifications in construction, Quantity surveying or civil engineering discipline and/or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of 5 -10 years’ experience.
- Proven track record in a previous estimating role, preferable, with full responsibility of bidding process from implementation to final submission.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate confidently to all levels of financial business.
- Ability to work to deadlines and a proactive, organised approach to work schedule
Duties to manage and develop:
- The quality / tender process submission.
- Cash flow analysis, monthly valuations and final accounts in line with project needs.
- Sourcing, negotiation and evaluating of supplier and sub-contractors quotations.
- Compliance with companies ISO 9001/14001 and 18001
- Negotiation and evaluation of advantageous terms to the company in compliance with specific contract/project needs and requirements.
- The auditing of Contracts including JCT, ICE and NEC.
- Take off for Activity Schedules, Bill of quantities documentation preparation from drawings, specifications and schedule finishes (cad skills useful).
- Post tender and post contract discussions and cost considerations including evaluation of the contract.
- Primarily based in office but some travelling may be required as market conditions or external factors may affect tender submission/negotiation
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV