Exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Quantity Surveyor to join leading building and construction contractor based in County Down. Salary £35-45k, negotiable on experience.
Job title: Project Quantity Surveyor
Salary Range: £35-£45K (depending on experience).
Location: County Down, travel maybe required due to project location.
Working alongside an award-winning refurbishment, refit and interior fit out specialist, Vickerstock have an exciting opportunity to recruit an experienced Project Quantity Surveyor. This leading specialist building and construction contractor offers an amazing opportunity to join a close-knit family friendly business who offer exceptional career progression.
The successful candidate will be working on bespoke multi million pound commercial, marine and private projects ranging from the design, manufacturing and construction of unique projects around the world.
Project Quantity Surveyor Criteria:
- Third level Quantity Surveyor degree or construction relate discipline, with 3+ years’ experience.
- Project experience within specialist medium/large fit out and refurbishment services obtained in commercial and private sectors ranging in excess £1million+ value.
- Demonstrate an ability to produce precise valuation and final accounts, while negotiating with all terms on contracts on each individual project.
- Negotiation experience with blue chip clients, architects, main-contractors and suppliers.
- Knowledge of negotiation practices for procurement, measurement and finalisation of sub-contractors packages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Competent use of all MS software packages, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Full valid driving licence is beneficial.
Project Quantity Surveyor Role:
- Negotiation with client, sub-contractors, suppliers to assure information (costs, profitability and value) meet budgetary requirements.
- Prepare monthly reports on each assigned project including cost, value and reconciliation.
- Provide Commercial manager with project costs analysis feedback on a regular basis.
- Producing detailed documents providing quantities/schedules/documentation for procurement of sub-contract packages.
- Assisting with bid and tender documentation, contractual terms and technical documentation.
- Attendance, presentation and responding to enquiries or disputes at monthly progress meetings with the Client.
- Travelling may be required as and when/where projects locations are assigned to each QS.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Paul McGinn for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.