Ryobi Aluminium Casting (UK) Ltd is an innovative, world class supplier of high quality, technically complex automotive components.
Based in Carrickfergus, Ryobi Aluminium Casting (UK) Ltd is a proud member of the Ryobi Group. With the help of our Japanese parent company we can bring the latest technological advances to our European Customers.
Ryobi’s vision is to maintain a sustainable business by achieving the best results for our customers, maximising the potential of every employee through mutual respect, trust and teamwork.
Our mission is to be the Number 1 Die Casting Company in Europe, to build upon our current customer base and increase market share, and to satisfy customer and shareholder requirements.
- To co-ordinate business projects
Principle Job Duties:
- Assist with and co-ordinate business projects.
- Develop and implement processes to launch new products.
- Assist with introduction of procedures, which ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and practice when required.
- Assist with cost and process estimation for new products (RFQ).
- Assist the Sales department in Engineering (Business Development Group).
- Assist with the design and implementation of quality systems that satisfy customer rating requirements.
- Research new technology to improve process and reduce quality defects.
- Assist Manufacturing in efforts to reduce variability and increase productivity.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customer counterparts.
- Ensure compliance to Health and Safety Practice.Support 5S and lean manufacturing both in new and existing areas.
- Create technical specification for equipment and tooling.
- Manage and control capital and tooling budgets.
- Participate in information sharing, team working and Continuous Improvement programs.
- Comply with the Company Environmental Policy and requirements of the Environmental Management System, both in normal and emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Third level qualification in an engineering/ technical disciplineor
- Proven experience within high volume manufacturing, with relevant on-the-job training
- Proven ability of managing capital projects from conception to commissioning, on time and within budgetPrevious experience within an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Experience in a customer-facing roleIT literate, and proficient in the use of MS Excel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Communication skills, both oral and writtenStrong customer focus skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and effectively contribute within a team environment
- Ability to see activities through to completion
- Proficient in the use of MS Project
- Experience and knowledge of quality management systems, e.g. TS16949 and ISO 9000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Fluent in French, Japanese and/or German
- Competitive salary
- Generous employer pension contributions
- A health cash plan
- Discount scheme
- Life assurance
- Service-related holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Free car parking
- Learning and Development opportunities and support
- Ride to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Service awards