Project Officer Team Leader - Omagh - £30k - 6 months+
VanRath are pleased to be recruiting for a Project Officer (Team Lead) for a well-known public sector organisation based in their Omagh Office. This is a long-term temporary role and will add significant value to the successful candidate’s CV whilst providing a rewarding challenge and a market-leading remuneration package. An immediate start is preferable for this role.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the overall purpose of this role is to implement first level control processes for a large, regulated prublic sector body in relation to their grants payments in accordance with EU member state rules. The role is in a Team Lead/Assistant Finance Manager’s capacity and involves the following:
- To manage the verification process and procedures
- Identification and recording of irregularities
- Facilitation of external audits
- Data Processing
- Supervision of staff
- Liaising with a wide range of individuals and organisations
- Manage the verification of project expenditure claims submitted, which may involve onsite inspection at Lead Partner and Project Partners premises.
- Provide clear guidance and training to Lead Partners on the verification process, eligibility of expenditure.
- Develop and implement internal financial procedures and controls and ensure that they are followed by staff.
- Manage and control the workflow of Claims Verification Officers, and Clerical Officers and ensure that standards are adhered to.
- To fully utilise and ensure accurate data input into eMS.
- Contribute to the training and development of staff.
- Responsible for the detection, reporting and recovery of irregularities which have been identified.
- Facilitate the work of internal and external auditors appointed to report on the operation of systems and controls.
- Responsible for the integrity and control of the financial and non-financial data stored on the information systems within the area Manage own workload to meet the changing priorities of the Body.
- Liaise with staff to report on progress periodically.
- Analyse and interpret financial data, interpret trends and report through to the Finance Manager, Financial Controller and Director of Managing Authority.
- Develop knowledge of the work carried out by the Body and the changing priorities within the Body.
- Collate and distribute financial information as required to meet the Body’s internal management needs.
- Provide appropriate service support to the Body as required.
- Oversee the filing systems, both manual and electronic to effectively manage all information within the section.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5 GCSEs grades A-C (including English Language and Maths) or equivalent or
- Leaving Certificate (Standard/Ordinary level) – 5 grades A-C (including English Language and Maths) or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of processing financial transactions in accordance with approved procedures within the public, private, voluntary or community sectors.
- Experience in working with, understanding and interpreting financial data.
- Experience in the use of IT for the purpose of accounts/financial reporting.
- The ability to contribute to business planning and assisting with the setting of objectives to ensure achievement of strategic objectives and reviewing performance against agreed plans.
- The ability to manage people through directing and guiding the performance of others and conveying a clear vision and sense of purpose. Evidence of allocating work, developing staff and ensuring effective relationships. Evidence of the effective use of teamwork.
- The ability to effectively manage information by seeking, organising, evaluating and analysing information to facilitate decision making and problem solving, and to influence others.
- The ability to manage resources by approving, planning, monitoring, evaluating and controlling the use of resources and assisting in resource allocation.
- Experience in managing claims verification and systems audit.
- Advanced technical skills with previous experience in Word and Excel in a business context.
- Practical experience of EU structural fund co-ordination/implementation.
- Experience in building strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience in Staff Management.
- Experience in drafting reports.
For further information on this role or any other senior interim roles in Northern Ireland, please contact Damian Della Croce in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250 or apply via the link on this page.