Vickerstock is currently looking for an experienced Production Manager for our Client who is based in the Antrim Area. With an expanding customer base our client is seeking a Production Manager
- Head up production operations of the group with overall responsibility for quality, on time delivery and production efficiencies.
- Lead production teams to maximise performance that meets and exceeds company KPI’s.
- To develop a continuous improvement culture within the area that results in high performing teams achieving goals and targets.
- Support the creation of a continuous improvement culture through use of CI techniques and problem solving discipline.
- Develop direct reports and line teams to create high performing teams.
- Develop positive employee relations through fostering team working, communication and employee engagement.
- Experience of managing a production area/multiple lines in a 24/7 environment
- Experience of operating in a traditional employee relations climate/part Unionised environment
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices.
- Proven results of improving manufacturing capability (efficiency, reduction of waste)
- Experience of maximising the potential of others including development and performance management
- This role requires flexibility around hours of work and may include shift work.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a role of a similar nature in a manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team
- Evidence of computer literacy
- Proven experience of Project Management
- Experience of working to KPI’s and supporting continuous improvement.
- Special Aptitudes
- Proven leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Planning and technical ability
- Experience of working in a unionised environment.