Our client based in Belfast is currently looking to recruit a procurement specialist to join their growing operation.
Are you an experienced procurement professional looking for a new challenge?
Do you have experience within the full procurement lifecycle?
Would you like to work for a global company with excellent career opportunities?
We have a very exciting opportunity for our well established client based in Belfast. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email
- Working alongside the Procurement Manager(s) in the construction, negotiation and implementation of Global and Regional contracts, including addressing contract renewals as appropriate;
- Offering advice and guidance to stakeholders on all Procurement related matters;
- Maintenance of the procurement lifecycle strategy including supplier selection, maintenance and application of procurement policies and procedures, assisting with defining and establishing cost and efficiency savings, cost containment practices and developing and managing contracts and other Firm entities, as appropriate;
- Ensuring adherence to documented policies, procedures, and processes
- Assisting with reporting, analysis, and project initiatives of the Global Procurement department;
- Relevant undergraduate degree with 2.1 classification or above.
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience in a procurement role
- Experience with the full procurement lifecycle from proposal through contract implementation preferred.
- Experience of working within a non-manufacturing environment.
- Excellent MS Office skills, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
Technical and Personal Skills:
- General understanding of contract terms and structure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, maintaining a professional presence.
- Ability to coordinate various projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary.
- Proven ability to perform independently.
- Show initiative; demonstrate ability to be innovative in problem solving.
- Ability to organize workload and meet all schedules and deadlines.
- Deal tactfully in interfacing with all personnel levels.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.