McQuillan Companies is an NI family owned business which incorporates a diverse range of activities including civil engineering, highway maintenance, quarrying, waste, outdoor cleaning and winter services.
McQuillan Envirocare specialise in the handling, transportation, safe and environmentally friendly disposal of hazardous waste. In conjunction with the sister company McQuillan Skip Hire, we can offer a full waste management solution.
Due to growth and expansion, we currently have an opening for a Process Operative based at our Antrim Office.
The purpose of this role is to support the Process Chemists in the day to day operation of the Chemical Treatment Facility (CTF). To complete waste chemical treatment of various aqueous based wastes within the CTF. To ensure that schedules are met and that the quality of work meets specified standards as dictated by the Process Chemists and Waste Process Directions.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Carry out general housekeeping of the CTF and Lab
- Follow the correct procedure for the labelling and sampling of waste
- Follow the correct procedure for unloading waste into the CTF
- Ensure that waste samples are analysed in accordance with agreed methods and are approved or rejected according to the results of the analysis in conjunction with the supervisor
- Retain an up to date knowledge of analytical and processing techniques and equipment
- Follow waste processing directions as generated by the Process Chemists
- Adherence to in-process control sampling procedures
- Ensure adequate supplies of materials and consumables are available to support projects
- Ensure that tasks relating to quality standards and procedures are carried out in the specified manner
- Ensure that equipment remains calibrated and functions as required. Where this is not the case, inform the relevant person so they can action
- Keep the supervisor informed of any circumstances which may alter agreed timescales
- Ensure all analysis and processing is performed in accordance with Company quality procedures and in accordance with regulatory guidelines
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe manner
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade C and above with at least 1 Science discipline
- Previous experience using a forklift would be an advantage but not essential
This role does involve shift work, shift patterns vary between days, evenings and nights Monday to Friday. Shift allowance will be paid as appropriate.
Closing date for applications is Friday 05 October 2018