Vickerstock is currently Recruiting for an experienced Process Engineer for our Client who is based in the Antrim area.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for the following;
- Plan, coordinate and implement the most efficient and cost-effective production methods required to manufacture major sub-components and final assembly of machines.
- Coordinate with production, engineering and quality assurance departments to establish / implement containment and route cause fixes to manufacturing issues.
- Implementing best practice standard work on shop floor to improve safety and quality and maximise efficiency.
- Review BOMs and highlight any discrepancies with the BOM team.
- Provide production support to all areas within the business within the defined site.
- New product introduction, design for manufacture reviews, establishing processes, production launch.
- Coordinate and lead time studies and production layouts in conjunction with the production teams.
- Provide Lean Manufacturing training and coaching where required across their assigned site.
- Implement ECOs into the business and record and document progress.
- Analyse issues that arise from within Operations and propose improvements where required and submit ECR’s
- Any other projects as assigned by the Site Manager or Operations Management.
The Production Support Engineer must be able to demonstrate the following;
- The successful applicant should be educated to Degree standard or equivalent qualification in Manufacturing Engineering or other relevant subject with previous experience in an equipment manufacturing environment.
- Knowledgeable 3D CAD packages and CAD.
- Must be able to work closely with others to collaborate on completion of common goals.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Outstanding communication (oral/written) skills required.
- Practical Engineering experience including design.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Processes.
- Self-motivated and organized.
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence send an updated CV via the link on the page
By applying for this role you accept the terms of processing.