Principal Java Consultant (Global Consultancy) Principal Java Consultant | Global Consultancy | Salary up to £55,000 |Quick Career Progression| Innovative Workplace
Principal Java Consultant (Global Consultancy)
Principal Java Consultant | Global Consultancy | Salary up to £55,000 |Quick Career Progression| Innovative Workplace
What does the company do?
Traditionally a powerhouse in the Management Consultancy industry, my client has identified an opportunity to move into the digital space and has ambitious plans to provide world-class digital solutions to their extensive range of clients. Such clients reside within Commercial, Healthcare, Financial Services and Government sectors. However, this list is not exhaustive and is constantly evolving – the variety of greenfield work available for a keen technologist is unrivalled in Belfast. Partners within the business have their own area of expertise and this enhances their ability to on-board clients from a broad range of sectors, meaning that the work is refreshing, and projects are diverse.
Why should I be interested in this role as a Principal Java Consultant?
- Innovation! Simply put, this is a core focus for the business – become immersed in an Innovation Lab and put forward your case for the next product. Approximately half of the ideas born in the Innovation Lab are now profitable ventures in the market place and the company are very keen to continue this trend
- Autonomy plays a key part in your role and you’ll have the freedom to explore your own ideas – in fact it’s actively encouraged
- The business is keen to explore the world of IOT and will heavily support any projects/ideas in this field
- Your colleagues have a reputation for doing things right and are passionate about making products that work perfectly as intended – there is no corner cutting here
- Although a consultancy, there is a significantly reduced expectation to travel compared to similar organisations in Belfast – “bring the work to the consultant, not the consultant to the work”
- You can expect to complete Cloud certifications early in your tenure
- This company has been in business for over 75 years and is Belfast’s best kept secret. The transition into a digital space means you have a start-up feel and culture without the risk
- The internal structure inspires a networking ethos that promotes opportunity from within. There’s no reason why you can’t be working alongside a Partner on a project – this is referred to affectionately as the ‘Digital Family’
- A flat hierarchy means you won’t have to wait until yearly review times for your promotion. If you’re ready, knock on the boss’ door and tell them, and you’ll have the full support and advice of your development coach to do this
- A necessary move to a new office location within Belfast is only months away and, what’s more, the employees are being tasked with deciding how this looks and is laid out
Benefits as a Principal Java Consultant?
- Salary up to £55,000
- 25 days leave + 10 stat days
- 10% annual bonus
- Pension Scheme – 4% employee contribution/8% employer contribution
- Private Healthcare
- Incentives for any travel incurred due to business needs and an allowance of £50 per day
What do I need to do to get this job as a Principal Java Consultant?
- 5+ years’ experience working with Java
- Highly proficient with NodeJS, REST webservices, SQL and Cloud applications Google/AWS/Azure
- Management or team leadership experience
What you need to do now?
For a chat about this exciting Principal Java Consultant role (or any other) in the strictest confidence please contact Shannon Tierney