As Pricing Technician you will provide accurate and timely pricing of products to ensure that customer requirements and expectations are met.
As Pricing Technician you will provide accurate and timely pricing of products to ensure that customer requirements and expectations are met. The key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interpret technical drawings to create accurate Bill of Materials (BOMs).
- Act as point of contact for customer enquiries by telephone, email and in person.
- Liaise with customers to obtain information for BOMs and update production schedules.
- Provide customers with accurate prices, using pricing models and dedicated software packages.
- Create accurate BOMs on SAGE to drive purchasing
- Create reports for team members from SAGE and Microsoft Excel.
- Maintain online document libraries, drawings registers etc
- Arrange supplier meetings with technical team members to ensure accurate supply chain management
- Update computerised records and systems accurately.
- Filing, typing documents and other general administration duties as required.
- Adhere to client SLAs, company policies and procedures at all times.
To apply for the position of Pricing Technician you must meet the following essential criteria:
- 5 GCSE grades A-C (or equivalent) to include English and Maths.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings for pricing purposes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy at all times.
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and contribute within a team environment.
- Must be flexible to meet the needs of the business.
The desirable criteria includes:
- Experience of technical pricing within the last 2 years, ideally within fabrication.
- Proficient in the use of SAGE 50 or 200.
- Experience of nesting software SigmaNEST.
- Experience of Adobe Illustrator
- Level 5 or Degree in Design or Engineering related subject, or equivalent.
- Competitive salary
- 4-day working week: 37 hours, Monday to Thursday 7.00 am to 5.00 pm
- 28 days’ (7 weeks) annual leave
- Free onsite car parking
- Free uniform
- Company pension scheme
- Staff Benefits scheme