Location UK / Leinster
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £35000 - 45000
Updated 2 weeks ago
Automation Engineer Role Location: Co Meath Role Type: Permanent
Role Location: Co Meath
Role Type: Permanent
Due to continued growth and expansion my client is seeking to add an additional mid level automation engineer to the team. This is a great role for someone that has 2-3 years experience and that is looking to join a solid established company. Prior experience within pharma, manufacturing or water treatment will be highly regarded.
This position will expose the candidate to many aspects of SCADA and Telemetry technology. The candidate should possess excellent customer facing skills, and work well under pressure, demonstrating a professional manner, with an ability to identify and focus on customer needs, during the design, deployment and ongoing support of the client solutions.
Overview of Role:
The role is predominately office based with some requirement to attend site during deployment and commissioning phases. The major part of this role includes working with Ignition, a web based HMI, SCADA and MES software package to present a high standard front end SCADA solution to the client and provide the PLC programming for the process. This role involves a great deal of communication with the client during the implementation of SCADA systems and also after with any queries they may have about the system and any problems they may incur with it.
· Design of all solutions and installations
· Liaising with Senior Engineers on implementation of PLC, HMI and SCADA software for new projects.
· Creating Tags to be used in the SCADA system
· Create software design specifications and associated documentation for solutions.
· Use of design software such as InTouch, Ignition, Citect and WinCC Flexible.
· Use of PLC programming software for Schneider, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi & Motorola PLCs/RTUs.
· Training of clients on the use of application once implemented.
· Maintain a consistency of the quality throughout all projects.
· Ability to work to deadlines.
· Maintenance of Projects once implemented.
· Dealing with client IT departments in relation to security.
· General all round Housekeeping of all SCADA projects.
· Logging of all SCADA service calls, assignment to technical staff and ownership to resolution