Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary See description
Updated 2 weeks ago
Physicist / Data Scientist Crumlin, Co. Antrim £Excellent DOE
Physicist / Data Scientist
Crumlin, Co. Antrim
Are you a Physics or Mathematics graduate with experience of multiple coding languages? Want to develop an exciting career with a company that’s improving healthcare on a global scale? If so, read on.
Our client researches and develops innovative, high quality solutions designed to make diagnostic testing more accurate. As one of the world’s largest manufacturers of clinical chemistry diagnostic products, they are pioneers of multianalyte diagnostic testing, and have developed Biochip Array Technology (BAT), the world’s first multiplexed immunoassay platform.
Now, they’re looking for a number of Physicists / Data Scientists to join their team and support R&D efforts for their BAT solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry offering career security and genuine advancement prospects for those who show potential.
As a Physicist / Data Scientist, you’ll help to develop novel imaging systems for use in our client’s Biochip Array Technology (BAT).
In this key role, you will:
– Develop and implement imaging techniques using CCD and CMOS sensors and other optical imaging systems
– Deliver frameworks to analyse large data sets
– Interpret data and discuss experimental results within your team and at departmental meetings
– Design and execute experiments independently
– Identify technical and scientific problems and provide potential solutions
To be considered, you will need:
– Experience in multiple coding languages
– Knowledge of software development stages in image processing applications
– A demonstrable understanding of the principles of imaging employing CCD and CMOS sensors and relevant optical set-up
– The ability to extract data from complex databases and/or datasets using analysis and query tools, such as R, Python, SAS or SQL
– The ability to assess and organise resources
– A BSc in Physics, Mathematics or another numerical discipline
Analytical and logical, as a Physicist / Data Scientist, you’ll be able to communicate complex information clearly and drive projects independently within a multidisciplinary research team.
To apply for the role of Physicist / Data Scientist, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Physicist, Data Scientist, Mathematician, Scientist, Data Analyst, R&D Scientist, Research & Development Scientist, R&D Analyst, Research Scientist, Scientific.