Airport Road West, Perm, Market Leading Salary, Progression Opportunities
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting for an experienced Payroll professional to join a busy accounts team on behalf of a professional services company with high spec new offices based on Airport Road West. The role of Payroll Professional is a great opportunity for an experienced pay roller who is keen to embrace the opportunity of developing their payroll experience as part of an award winning national company.
- Processing New starts, leavers and employee payroll transfers
- Assistance with preparation of month end payroll reports
- Maintain/Update company benefit details via payrolling benefit
- Identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll and respond to daily payroll queries
- Complete Year End Payroll Returns in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare and collate payments in a responsible, timely and accurate manner
- Attend and effectively contribute to all relevant internal and external meetings, ensuring actions, projects deadlines are adhered to and completed.
- Keep up to date with legislative changes and responsibly and proactively communicate all relevant technical/industry/legislative/statutory developments to the wider business, providing solutions and instructions on how they will be dealt with and how any impacting changes will be managed.
- Ensure compliance with business processes and adherence to relevant legislation, regulatory requirements and HMRC authorised practice with regards to potential movements/payments.
- Educated to GCSE level, or equivalent including Maths and English
- Good understanding of Payroll legislation
- Experience of processing payrolls accurately and on time
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment
- IPP qualified or equivalent
- Experience of processing payrolls in an outsourced payroll environment (NHS desirable)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to prioritise and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Understand the need to follow established procedures
- Ability to use own initiative within a team environment
- Ability to use time effectively
- A progressive approach to change and improvement
- Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
Negotiable + excellent benefit list
For further information on this Payroll vacancy, or any other Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link or contact Jessica Grieve in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.