Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £20000 - 30000
Updated 2 weeks ago
A fantastic opportunity for a Part-Qualified Accountant to join a progressive organisation close to Belfast City Centre.
Reed Accountancy are delighted to be representing our client, a leading whole sale company close to Belfast City Centre, who are currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join their busy Finance Team on a permanent, full time basis.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, the successful applicant would be responsible for:
* Preparing and reviewing weekly reports
* Preparing and reviewing monthly management accounts
* Preparing and reviewing quarterly stock results
* Supporting the production of budgets and forecasts on a quarterly basis
* Analysing gross margin and overheads across 20+ stores
* Working with all departments and the management team to contribute to financial decisions
* Liaising with internal/external auditors on an interim and year end basis
This is a diverse and busy role, which provides key commercial information to the business. This role will support store managers and operations on understanding and interpreting the financial information they receive.
The successful applicant must display the following essential criteria:
– Part-Qualified Accountant with membership of a professional body e.g. ACA / ACCA / CIMA
– 2+ years’ relevant experience
– The ability to demonstrate experience in working in a fast-paced environment
– The ability to plan and prioritise workloads to agreed deadlines
– The ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business
– Good interpersonal skills
– The ability to explain financial terms simply to non-finance professionals
– Proficiency in MS Excel, especially with model building and formulae workings
Experience working within an FMCG, retail or distribution environment would be highly advantageous as well as an ECDL and/or MS Office Qualification.
Get In Touch
If you are interested in finding out more information about this vacancy, please contact Chris Burns on 02890 330604 for a confidential chat.
If you wish to apply within, please ensure your CV is up to date and clearly demonstrates your ability to meet the essential criteria as outlined above.