Terex are recruiting for an Operational Excellence Training Manager to join our growing operational. The role can be based at any of our Material processing sites in Northern Ireland (Omagh, Dungannon or Ballymoney)
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
Operational Excellence Training Manager
Reporting to the Group Operations Director, the Operational Excellence Training Manager will plan, direct, and deliver the MP Standard Operating System across the MP business units, outlining responsibilities at all levels including Supervision, Production Management and Operations Director Level. The role will work harmoniously with MP Group Operations, Business Line Leads, HR and Operations leadership team, customizing approaches in accordance with our business needs. You will champion change across teams to deliver outstanding levels of performance and development and work cross functionally on initiatives with production, engineering, manufacturing, quality and H&S.
- Devise and deliver the MP Group Operating Excellence training program across the MP business units, outlining responsibilities at all levels including Supervision, Production Management and Operations Director Level utilizing in-house specialists in Operations Planning.
- Creation of a systematic review process to ensure the core technical training needs of all operations team members are reviewed and updated.
- Implement a variety of methods to ensure best in class training and assessment including instructor led training, blended learning, social learning, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Develop & implement Continuous Improvement and Lean principles throughout the site Operations Teams.
- Support, coach and advise other functions with respect to the identification & delivery of Lean/CI projects activities & culture.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering and Production Leaders in reviewing shop-floor process documentation and optimizing training modules.
- Develop and conduct evaluation of training performance. Create and manage follow-up action plans that reinforce the transfer of leadership skills from training programs back into the daily work environment.
- Conduct classroom and On-the-Job Technical Training when the need arises.
- Conduct practical teaching on various aspects of lean manufacturing, problem solving and other tools and techniques commonly used to improve Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related area or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Project Management Professional Certification / MBA preferred
- Significant experience working in a manufacturing environment including broad based management and supervision.
- Experience creating, coaching, teaching and implementing technical training programs using best practice methods and tools in a manufacturing environment for both direct and indirect labour.
- Strong exposure to the development of cross-functional processes within a complex environment.
- Qualification in Lean Manufacturing from a recognised, accredited training body.
Skills & Competencies
- A proven track record in communication & influencing at various levels of business.
- Relationship building – ability to build them quickly, at all levels and maintain them.
- Proven capability to be adaptable with a collaborative partnering approach.
- Highly capable in running workshops – communicating information in an inspiring way and building capability around using tools and techniques.
- Capability to partner with businesses to resolve issues and improve their Operational Excellence capability.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Willingness to travel globally approx. 40-50% of the time
Closing date for receipt of applications – Monday 24th September 2018 @ 29am
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary plus a whole range of benefits, to include pension, life assurance, childcare vouchers among others.
We reserve the right to enhance our selection criteria at the short listing stage, if required.
TEREX is an equal opportunity employer and appointments are based on merit. We value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.