Location UK / Craigavon/Lurgan Area
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £30000 - 40000
Updated 2 weeks ago
Newly Qualified Accountant - Progressive Global Manufacturing Organisation - Lurgan -Onsite Parking - Salary will be tailored to attract the best candidate in the market place
Newly Qualified Accountant- Lurgan
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for a Newly Qualified Accountant on behalf of a global manufacturing organisation who are market leaders in their field and lead the way in terms of product diversity and innovation. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a commercially minded Financial Accountant to join the expanding centralised accounting team. Reporting to the Financial Controller this is ideal opportunity to join a growing team.
* Accounting activity including journal entries, account reconciliation, and financial analysis.
* Complete monthly general ledger accounts, fixed assets, and bank reconciliations along with resolving open items.
* Month-end closing responsibilities ensuring accurate financial results are reported on a timely basis as per corporate closing calendar.
* Intercompany accounting and reconciliation support: A/R, A/P, Intercompany Loan Statement
* Forecasting – cash and FX forecasting processes.
* Customer service: provide timely responses to internal and external inquiries.
* Assist in procedure development and recommend / implement process improvements.
* Compliance with SOX, standardized procedures and internal controls.
* Prepare government reports / census forms.
* Provide support when required on maintenance of master-data records for AP & AR.
* From time to time, you will be required to undertake other responsibilities / activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities.
The Ideal Person:
The successful candidate will be a recently qualified accountant, ideally with experience working in a centralised finance function within a manufacturing environment. You will have a strong understanding of UK GAAP and ability to prepare UK statutory accounts. You will have excellent planning, interpersonal and diplomacy skills and will ideally come from a commercial environment.You will have a strong technical background with robust financial accounting experience as well as financial systems experience, specifically ERP.
This is an excellent opportunity for a commercially minded Accountant to make a strategic career move into an innovative organisation where there is significant opportunity for progression.
Salary will be tailored to attract the strongest candidate in the local market.
For further information please contact Joanne Bloomer in the strictest confidence on 02890330250 or apply via the link on this page.