Excellent opportunity for Marketing Lead Data Scientist- Northern Ireland
Title: Marketing Lead Data Scientist- Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
This role is responsible for leading the delivery of machine learning predictive models and algorithms that utilize a rich foundation of consumer and marketing technology data to drive profitable business outcomes and optimize consumer activation. This role will also shepherd new big data tools and automation work tracks from inception and prototyping to fully developed solutions that transition to Allstate technology. The role requires close integration and partnership with the business/data science team and a high degree of business acumen in order to output the best technical solutions. He/she also actively leads other team members on project based work and is responsible for assisting in the recruitment, selection, mentorship and development of junior data scientists. Serves as a department subject matter expert on research solutions to support corporate goals.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- As department data science expert, provide direction to leadership and partner teams.
- Be comfortable on either side of the traditional data science-data engineering boundary to develop new ideas and initiatives and create an environment that supports innovation and process improvement.
- Utilize a multidisciplinary approach to data science problems combining technical expertise, data science knowledge, and business knowledge
- Uses best practices to develop statistical, machine learning techniques to build models that address business needs
- Responsible for model deliverable quality assurance process
- Develops project plans for complex and occasionally highly complex modeling/ machine learning and/or development projects
- Uses and learns a wide variety of tools and languages to achieve results (e.g. R, Python, Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark)
- Identifies languages and tools that can bring efficiencies or needed techniques to the team
- Leads work on data and problems across departments to drive improved business results through designing, building, and partnering to implement models
- Works with stakeholders to ensure the project will meet their needs
- Selects the optimal modeling approach based on an effective understanding of the business problems and requirements
- Communicates findings to ensure models are well understood and incorporated into business processes
- Guides dedicated offshore Data Science teams on project delivery and manages various analytical and modeling projects with small numbers of team members
- Reviews, evaluates, and makes recommendations on appropriateness of techniques to senior leadership
- Influences business partners and senior leadership on the effectiveness of machine learning/predictive modeling to solve their business problems
- Trains, develops, and teaches junior modelers
- Maintains a friendly and collaborative work environment
- Maximizes personal professional development to ensure continuation of a personal contribution to the team and Allstate
- Master’s or PhD preferred in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics, or the physical sciences
- 5 or more years of experience using statistical modeling and machine learning techniques to build models that have driven company decision making
- Demonstrated experience in managing and manipulating large, complex datasets
- Proven ability to code and develop prototype solutions in languages such as Perl, Java, C
- Fluency in parallel processing/programming, software/programming languages and technologies (Python, PySpark, Hadoop, Hadoop streaming, Hive, SQL, Oracle, R) is a plus
- Experience desired with MarTech platforms, digital analytics data, digital media ecosystem, Data Management Platforms (DMP) to develop targeting, content optimization, and personalization
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
- Ability to lead a project team of various skills levels
- Ability to manage a wide range of loosely defined moderately complex to complex situations that require application of creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
Hours of Work
To apply please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.
Closing Date: Friday 7th September 2018
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.