Manufacturing Engineer Co. Down
Manufacturing Engineer – Co. Down
Reporting to the Engineering Team Leader, the Manufacturing Engineer will be required to work with the Design and Manufacturing Teams to ensure a manufacturing solution is delivered which meets and exceeds cost, quality and schedule requirements.
- Lead new programs / products through the Engineering Gate Processes to ensure on cost, on time & to specification. This includes Design Reviews, Drawing Reviews, BOM verification and Risk and Mitigation management.
- Liaison between manufacturing and design.
- Vendor support on manufacturing / design queries.
- Establish recurring and non-recurring costs.
- From lessons learnt drive design for manufacture and assembly.
- Identify all tools and fixtures required to manufacture the product to the specifications and tolerances required.
- Work with operations team to drive efficiency advances by innovating our assembly & manufacturing processes
- Challenge both manufacturing and business processes.
- Ensure a safe working environment is set and maintained.
- Initiate and lead problem solving techniques.
- Identify, assess feasibility and manage change for both continuous improvements and mandatory requirements.
- Demonstrate that the manufacturing process selection has delivered in terms of costs, quality and cycle times.
- Support operations to ensure output & quality targets are achieved
- Any other duties as required to support business needs.
- Continuous Improvement: Constantly measures for the effectiveness of processes and strives to meet more difficult objectives. Generates new ideas and manages change effectively.
- Collaborative Skills: Initiates and develops relationships and gains the confidence and cooperation of people within and outside the business.
- Results Focus/Execution: A results-oriented employee who sets challenging goals and achieves results, whilst prioritizing tasks and overcoming obstacles.
- Planning & Organising: Develops realistic work plans, sets goals, and aligns personal plans/goals with company goals. Manages time well and effectively, including personal attendance and on-time performance.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant engineering discipline and a minimum of 2 years relevant engineering experience
A higher-level qualification, such as HNC/HND, in a relevant engineering discipline and 3+ years relevant engineering experience
5+ years relevant engineering experience with a relevant engineering qualification.
- Relevant experience in implementing the principles of Lean Manufacturing
- Working knowledge in an assembly environment
- Familiarity with the use of CAD systems
Apply now by clicking the Apply button, or for more information email me (Richard) Or call me 02890 725 632 to discuss in confidence!