This role is a key position within the Finance function - representing a great opportunity for an experienced accountant looking for growth and development within a particularly nice team!
Our client, a Northern Ireland top 100 company, is recruiting for a commercially experienced and fully qualified Management Accountant.
This role is a key position within the Finance function – representing a great opportunity for an experienced accountant looking for growth and development within a particularly nice team!
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate production of the monthly Management Accounts. This includes managing one part qualified Finance Assistant and promoting/supporting their professional development.
The successful applicant will also be the key contact for supporting and developing partnerships across the wider Group.
- Producing and distributing Monthly Accounts Reporting Pack in line with agreed timescales and including detailed commentary on business performance/variances
- Management of assets and liabilities including monthly balance sheet reconciliations of key accounts specifically in areas of stock, promotional spend, creditors and other accruals
- Lead in the preparation of the annual budget
- Management of the annual audit process, including ensuring preparation of relevant audit files and acting as the main point of contact for the auditors
- Ensure compliance with HMRC reporting requirements relating to VAT and Intrastat
- Managing the day to day interaction, reporting and liaising with our key internal business partners
- Preparation of key reporting packs including Monthly Flash Accounts and Quarterly Deep Dives
- Identification of potential areas of improvement within the existing month end processes and support ongoing business change initiatives
- Liaising and encouraging dialogue with other Group companies on improving/ streamlining current intercompany processes
- Other ad hoc duties as required by the financial controller
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, keen to develop their financial and commercial knowledge in a large dynamic organisation. They will demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Qualified (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) with at least one year PQE
- Strong background in the preparation of management accounts, particularly with large or complex AP/AR ledgers
- Experience working within a large team and proven ability to proactively engage with peers to enable the achievement of overall team goals and deadlines
- Experience managing a team, including prioritising workload and supporting/ mentoring to achieve team objectives
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, proven ability to analyse and interpret meaning from large data sets
- Experience in analysing and explaining business performance against KPI’s
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic and approachable style, including an ability to communicate effectively with both financial and non-financial audiences
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to manage competing priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Experience of SAP
- Experience working in an FMCG and/or manufacturing environment
For more information please call Laurence Jago, as soon as possible and in complete confidence, on 02890330604.
You can apply via this link or alternatively contact me confidentially on LinkedIn.