Carrickfergus Our world-class manufacturing client based in Carrickfergus have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician! Reporting to the Maintenan
Our world-class manufacturing client based in Carrickfergus have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician!
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing technical support resources and activities within manufacturing and maintenance environment.
You will also be expected to ensure optimum performance of process equipment and technical assets so that company’s, customer and quality requirements are met
Lead Maintenance Technician Duties:
- Implement and monitor a technical support plan for manufacturing in line with departmental objectives
- Assess performance and condition of manufacturing engineering assets on an ongoing basis.
- Management of Apprentices and their performance and education requirements
- Provide hands on technical support and relief cover for the Technician team.
- Maintain and develop documentation & records including technical documents & reports in line with TS16949 requirements
- Assist with investigation and troubleshooting of technical problems
- Conduct specialist continuous improvement projects as requested.
- Liaise with technical specialists such as machine suppliers
- Health & Safety Training including ?Emergency First Aid at Work course?
- Manage manpower in accordance with company works rules and regulations
- Assist with advising and training team members and providing technical support as well as identifying training needs.
- Ensure compliance at all times with company and statutory requirements.
- Participate in the day-to-day activities of the team and work effectively as a team member to ensure continuous improvement.
- Meet performance measures and KPI’s set for you and your team.
Lead Maintenance Technician Essential Criteria:
- Minimum qualification required is HNC (Electronic Engineering)
- Technical experience in maintenance, automation, programming, fault finding and product analysis, breakdown analysis and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Technical competency with electro-pneumatic-mechanical equipment, PLC’s etc.
- The ability to perform administrative activities for document control requirements, and process improvement activities
- Full understanding and complete compliance with all HSE procedures
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative, identify projects and develop systems for continuous improvement.
Please send your CV to Padraig on the details attached or call 028 9009 9211 for more information on this fantastic position